Info on John P Cowan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info on John P Cowan?

Anybody know anything about this guys art? I'm too lazy to look on the internet thought is check the green screen!

Does a lot of coastal and fish paintings from what I've seen

Comment

Awesome paintings of bay fishing and duck hunting!

Comment

Love his stuff. You can tell he's spent LOTS of hours on the Texas coast.

Comment

Well I picked up a print today from 1970!!!

Comment

Great artist, most of his stuff centered around SE and South Texas. A lot of his work is in a book titled "The golden crescent" the short stories are written by Bob Brister.

Comment

Which print did you pick up?

Comment

Probably my favorite artist. I have about 15 of his prints. He has passed on but his prints are some of the best and most desired as far as sporting art is concerned. Which print did you get?

Comment

He is great. Also look at Herb Booth.

Comment

Great Texas artist. The grand pappy to the other Texas outdoor artists such as Dearman, Booth and Drinkard. I have a few of his works. Really captures what Texas is about.

Comment

Originally posted by raw10628 View Post
                      Probably my favorite artist. I have about 15 of his prints. He has passed on but his prints are some of the best and most desired as far as sporting art is concerned. Which print did you get?

I got the "too soon"
                      the last pic is one off Internet

Comment

One of my favorite artists. You got a good one.

Framed many a Cowan print and original having worked during college at the place that published his work for many years until he stopped painting. He was always full of interesting stories. He was an artist in the army. Very diminutive man yet full of life as someone twice his size. I almost took his head off with a nerf football in the warehouse one day...kind of an oops moment but at least I have a funny Cowan story to tell.

Comment

I've got a big Cowan print and two small "mini prints" of his. I've got a buddy who is obsessed with Cowans art and is always in trouble with his gf cause he is always buying Cowan prints . Cowan put out some great looking prints, got a big print from john Dearman too. Haven't found a Booth to hang on the wall yet.

Comment

Ya this one is huge!

Comment

What does something like this run for? Can't tell y'all what I paid for it! I bet you'd freak

Comment

Working...
                              X