DIY Euro Mule deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Euro Mule deer

I am far from being good at doing Euro mounts, but I have learned a lot the last couple. So I made a video on how I’ve been doing it. The guys at white bone creations have tons of great videos on different critters. They helped me out a bunch. Here ya go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turned out really nice. Always wonder what the steps were. 1 question.

Where do you buy the peroxide?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post

I haven’t watched his video yet but Sally’s beauty supply sells the 40 volume peroxide that works very well. It’s also not very expensive. Every time I’ve gone in there to get some they always ask me if I’m using it on deer heads.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post

I found it on amazon. It was like 30$ and free shipping. I was able to get two heads with one gallon

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
          I haven’t watched his video yet but Sally’s beauty supply sells the 40 volume peroxide that works very well. It’s also not very expensive. Every time I’ve gone in there to get some they always ask me if I’m using it on deer heads.

Good to know. I need to check their price before I order more on amazon.

Comment

Thanks fellas

Comment

That is a great video. Thanks for sharing it. That is much faster then the ones I have done.

Comment

Originally posted by stxslayer View Post
                That is a great video. Thanks for sharing it. That is much faster then the ones I have done.

Biggest mistake I used to make was boiling too long. You have to make the power washer do the work.

Comment

A proper euro mount should never actually be boiled, simmered at most. It takes a lot longer than a few hours to do it correct and you blew out the nasal bones, but it’s a euro mount.

Comment

DIY Euro Mule deer

Originally posted by Richard M. View Post
                    A proper euro mount should never actually be boiled, simmered at most. It takes a lot longer than a few hours to do it correct and you blew out the nasal bones, but it’s a euro mount.

What nasal bones? Heck I pulled all the ones inside out? Like I said I am no expert at this. Please give example of what nasal bones? Sounds like your a pro at this? I would love to learn.

Comment

I’m no pro but have done a few. A good euro can’t be done in a day and a pressure washer just blows out all the fine bones. If you want a shell of a skull and done quickly then have at it. I’m not trying to be a smart ***, but think maybe you weren’t given the best information. Here’s an example of intact nasal bones that a lot of people break or blow out. They are fine but part of the skull.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	70A324FE-DEFB-4AEC-A31E-ED8781DF8D1A.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	24600425

Comment

I’m no pro but have done a few. A good euro can’t be done in a day and a pressure washer just blows out all the fine bones. If you want a shell of a skull and done quickly then have at it. I’m not trying to be a smart ***, but think maybe you weren’t given the best information. Here’s an example of intact nasal bones that a lot of people break or blow out. They are fine but part of the skull.

[ATTACH]982055[/ATTACH]

Got ya. From my research no reason to keep those nasal bones. I literally used pliers to pull them out lol. I don’t feel like they look any better with them in. My goal is to get all the stuff out that can yellow and look bad. I definitely am careful with the cheek nasal area with the pressure washer tho. That pic you shared looks great. But i am good with my 3 hour euro without nasal bones.

Comment

Ok, they don’t turn yellow though. Just the parts that aren’t degreased properly will. That’s a whole different issue though. It may take a while, but will show up. You can’t do that in a day either.

Comment

Ok, they don’t turn yellow though. Just the parts that aren’t degreased properly will. That’s a whole different issue though. It may take a while, but will show up. You can’t do that in a day either.

Noted. The deer i have done have proven otherwise. Also the white bone creation guys have done 100x more than me and they seem to look great. I would love to see a video of your method [emoji2369] [emoji1303]

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                              Noted. The deer i have done have proven otherwise. Also the white bone creation guys have done 100x more than me and they seem to look great. I would love to see a video of your method [emoji2369] [emoji1303]

Hehe. Popcorn in hand....

Comment

Working...
                              X