New chair project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New chair project

been bored since I retired so I thought I try building some wood projects for the backyard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job!

Comment

Looks great !!!

Comment

Trying to learn how to make stuff outta lumber I built them out of 2x4's, 2x6's and 2x8's I'm 6'3" and 230 and don't want a wimpy chair I may make a few for the lease, still need to stain this one

Comment

Built some chairs this weekend Not near as fancy as yours. nice job

Comment

wasn't trying to be fancy just heavy duty, I know lots of great designer/builders on here but i'm a newbie so I over built it hopefully will last, looked up some ideas and then kinda made my own design from several types of chairs, part Adirondack, lawn chair type

Comment

Nice

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Do you think these would sell if I decided to do this as a hobby?

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
                    Do you think these would sell if I decided to do this as a hobby?

My dad use to sell the heck out of them . He built chairs , benches swings,glider swings and picnic tables. Made good money doing it . All after he retired .

Comment

I'm looking for something to do and after looking at what was out there,aren't many heavy duty ones for us big boys that y I used 2x's

Comment

There is some money in it. I built tables and such out of framing lumber last summer. Lots of people buy stuff like this because they don't have time or don't realize how easy it is. I always found that I spent everything I "made" on new tools or guns. So it was kinda a nice little side gig to support my habits

Comment

Originally posted by kribbz View Post
                          There is some money in it. I built tables and such out of framing lumber last summer. Lots of people buy stuff like this because they don't have time or don't realize how easy it is. I always found that I spent everything I "made" on new tools or guns. So it was kinda a nice little side gig to support my habits

That's good to know, I have very basic tools but if I could build and sell such items and buy better equipment that would be good. Started out before I got hurt at work by building 3 adirondack chairs for the back yard everyone that comes over wants one so I build them one ,after I was forced to retire I needed something to do . welding hurts my neck/ back too much .

Comment

Nice work, I need to get around to building a few of those.

Comment

They are nice for the lease beats those folding chairs, ones at the lease are gonna have opening on the arm rests for my yeti

Comment

Working...
                              X