Thanksgiving, who's coming, hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanksgiving, who's coming, hunting?

For anyone who has a large family....kid's, in-laws, long distance commutes..and then of course..do you eat then head out to hunt?

My wife and I are kinda' bummed out this year. Between us we have 4 son's, 2 daughters and of course they ALL have "other" marriage related families and our grandkids. Some of you young one's will experience this as your "kids" start their own families...."trying to keep ALL the in-laws" happy.

None of our "kids" live close anymore. Texas and other states, ALL us parents growing older...keeping their spouse happy...it "IS what it IS," life goes on.

So....just Momma and I this Thanksgiving and Susan insists on cooking as usual. Not complaining, I'll enjoy her efforts and look forward to it. The day after, we will head to the hunting ground and do our thing so that's a plus.

Anyone else having this scenario?

Yes

Comment

Our little family is actually spending the entire week of Thanksgiving up at the lease. Dutch oven bird and fixins are planned along with hunting every single second that we can.

Richard

Comment

I don’t give two craps about spending time with family outside of my wife and kids..well my kids anyway. Thanksgiving is for hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have enjoyed Thanksgiving at friends ranch’s for the last 14-15 years. We have always hunted close by. The last four we are members of the ranch and hunt there. So we walk from our cabin to there house. Waddle back! After thanksgiving it’s hard getting back to hunt. I leave Wednesday nite to head down. Son will leave Friday after school. And the wife will come down Sunday. She can work Monday and Tuesday. It’s a great week! The rut is any minute with some signs this past weekend. Weather is going to be good. Just have to fight the moon!

Comment

"Yes"

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
              I don’t give two craps about spending time with family outside of my wife and kids..well my kids anyway. Thanksgiving is for hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Where's the like button.

Anyone I care to see will be at deer camp. With FAR less drama

But, in the spirit of the thread. Turkey day at my house (drama) then on call for work Friday (cant remember the last time I wasn't in the woods Friday morning after Turkey day). Lord willing I'll be headed north 130 or so friday

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I always hunted the weekend after with my dad
                But now I am hunting the week before.

My kids are unmarried so they are spending it with us again this year.
                Not looking forward to sharing them with in laws !

Comment

The last 8 yrs it's been me and my son hunting at the lease. Guess I'll spend a little time this year with family. But after we eat I'm gone.

Comment

We are having the families over Saturday then it's to the lease for the wife daughter and I for 7 days!

Comment

I'll hunt the morning, then the wife and I head to my boss' house as we have no family here in TX. My son will be with his mom. After food, headed back to Granger Lake for weekend camping and hunting with wife and friends!

Comment

Thanksgiving has never been the same since my mom found pinterest and the recipes there.

I'd rather go hunting and eat a mcrib.

Comment

No hunting lease this year so heading on camping trip to Choke Canyon State Park this year, should be fun.

Comment

Working...
                          X