Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Set it and forget it”feeder

Am I the only one running this timer?
    Game Country USA is the hunter’s choice for “set it and forget it” wildlife feeder mechanisms.

Guys, it may not outlast my Ultramatics,
    But it sure keeps the feeder simple. Just fill it 365!

Sounds like some of the hunters on the daylight savings time thread could use one! . And they are cheap.

BP

Sounds good. Let me know after you’ve had one out a year or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Me and a buddy both had these timers back in 2000 came to find out in one weekend they emptied both our 55 gall 300# feeders onto the ground we changed to soincast never looked back

Comment

I have one of these on a 5 gal bucket

Can be yours for $20

Comment

my experience with dawn/dusk feeders is they feed at inconsistent times depending on weather and cloud cover. These were what everyone used until programable timers came out. now they have all but been replaced by programable timers....there is a reason for that. But I guess some people do still like them.

Comment

Yep I hate those dusk dawn style. After watching one throw everytime the shadows changed throughout the day I changed it out and would never go back. I like knowing when my feeder is gonna go off and how often.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I think mine is programmable / adjustable but I would have to look at the instructions

If it would only feed in the morning I would hang it near the hen house and load it with scratch

Comment

If that is a dawn dusk feeder then that explains why I don't own one.

Comment

I’ve used them before. They actually work pretty well. I just hated the mounting system on them. It was a major pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

They are not dawn and dusk. I have tried those too. These Tract sunrise each day and allows you to set at the time you desire before sunrise and sunset. Adjusts automatically.
                    Third year. Flawless. Right now I am dealing with 14 feeders. This is the only one I never adjust.
                    I am putting one on my house stand and fill feeder.

Comment

Used them and have 3 in the barn. Not reliable

Comment

I tried those a long time ago. I don’t think either of them made it longer than two years.

Comment

Thanks for the warnings. I will let you know when it craps out.
                          So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                          X