Got the Scent-loc Radial.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the Scent-loc Radial.......

I'm going to give it a shot in field soon, but I'm impressed with the output and the battery life. The whole house smelled like ozone within a couple of minutes of turning it on, and the battery lasted from 5:15 PM until I got up this morning on normal mode. I've always been skeptical of ozone's effectiveness and that the smell of ozone itself doesn't spook deer, but I'm going to give it a try. At the very least, this thing should deodorize all of my clothing and other gear.

I have a thread started on it as well . I really like mine it was just figuring out where to put it in my blind to not smell it at all . In a blind its a no no if you can smell it . Unpleasant effects to say the least .

i cut a few holes in a large tote for my hunting cloths and drop it in .

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
      I have a thread started on it as well . I really like mine it was just figuring out where to put it in my blind to not smell it at all . In a blind its a no no if you can smell it . Unpleasant effects to say the least .

i cut a few holes in a large tote for my hunting cloths and drop it in .
      My understanding is that you need to have air flow through your blind or it will make you miserable. I don't care for the smell of ozone at all, and it's an irritant to your lungs.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
        My understanding is that you need to have air flow through your blind or it will make you miserable. I don't care for the smell of ozone at all, and it's an irritant to your lungs.

yes you do . I feel each answer you get will be some what different . I feel this is due to blind design location etc .

I have a redneck so with the bow windows I can open that window set the unit on the shelf and its pulling from the blind but the half that is making the OZ is oustide . I leave my front window fully open to get the breeze I need . again my stand and wind location .

With the cold weather coming I feel its going to less of an issue very soon as you can keep the windows closed and not roast inside . .

maybe hang your by the string just outside the window and let it pull from inside etc .. Play around with it ,

My first sitting was great the next not so much had almost no wind and it as coming into the blind.. Had a pounding head ache in a few minutes .

simple what ever scent is going down wind is where you want it .

Comment

Working...
        X