Activities while camping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A scavenger hunt.
    Make a list of random outdoor things to find.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
      A scavenger hunt.

Came here to type just this. My Dad and Grandpa did this. I always enjoyed it when I was little.

Comment

Card games, Yahtzee, dominoes to name a few. The simple things that everyone can enjoy. Read a book, tell stories. Have fun !

Comment

Moonlight hiking is the best!!!!

Comment

Are there any pecan trees? If so, my kids love going picking for pecans. I think they think it's like an Easter egg hunt. If not, can also go looking for cool pine cones or acorns.

Comment

Bring and old boot lace and have her find a nice stick. Carve a rudimentary bow and a few arrows. It will provide a few hours of fun as she tries to shoot it

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
                A scavenger hunt.

If it is at a camp with other campers you can have them hunt down different brands of beer. They get to hunt, you get a free case.

Comment

Get a mason jar or two and catch bugs/dirt snakes/scorpions/tarantulas by flipping over rocks and logs. Then do it under river rocks with a little net for aquatic bugs/crawdads. Bring a slingshot and shoot cans or stumps. Fire is always fun.
                  Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  Treasure hunt. Hide items, make a map, put lines for each step you have to take to find the items.
                  The highlight of my 8th and 9th birthdays were treasure hunts designed by my then 72 yr old neighbor/best friend. He ran us up and down the street and all through the woods; the 'loot' was a barlow knife one year and then a surplus military folding shovel. He had recently finished reading Tom Sawyer to me when I 'found' the Barlow knife, Tom dug up Injun Joe's treasure with a Barlow. Very good memories for me.
                  Last edited by Patton; 11-06-2018, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Glow sticks (lots of them), an LED lantern for them to carry around, Mystic Fire (changes the campfire to awesome colors, smores, camp donuts (biscuits, oil, cinnamon and sugar), binos, bug catcher cage.

Comment

and make sure they have their own chair to sit at the fire!

Comment

Let her play with fire, my daughter loved it. Bring a shovel, let her dig in the dirt...my girly girl loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                          If it is at a camp with other campers you can have them hunt down different brands of beer. They get to hunt, you get a free case.
                          Or make it who can pick upmost cans...nickle apiece and winner get..10 bucks....and Deer camp gets cleaned up...You and kids get ata boy
                          In off season we would ride roads and play same game...

Comment

Star gaze at night... Allow her to be a kid, ask her what she wants to explore. Teacher about fire and allow her to start the camp fire...

Comment

Sticks and dirt.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X