This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
    Somebody better account for Pooka otherwise he will have a field day.

He's more electric and a better overall athlete than Turpin. Last year (2017) he was named Mr. Football by the Louisiana Sports Writers. So far this year he's been named mid-season True Freshman of the year in all CFB.
    How did Bengals miss out on this guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
      Somebody better account for Pooka otherwise he will have a field day.

He's more electric and a better overall athlete than Turpin. Last year (2017) he was named Mr. Football by the Louisiana Sports Writers. So far this year he's been named mid-season True Freshman of the year in all CFB.
      LSU could have used his talents at RB. But, I heard there were issues. Maybe grades?

Comment

will be another close game for the Ags in starkville. hope we come out on top. also, hoping Jimbo can get our oline fixed fairly quickly. sumlin recruited very well at certain spots. oline was not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          I admit when I'm wrong.

He is correct. OU sucks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          Yep, on defense they do. Horribly this year

But you count that as a quality win.

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
            Yep, on defense they do. Horribly this year

But you count that as a quality win.
            Hence the contradiction. He wants it both ways. They suck but they beat them so it’s a quality win. So stupid. Lol!

Comment

It's a qaulity win as long as they're ranked in the top 10. Folks start moving the goal post beyond that.

OU will finish stronger than they started, Stoops was a hack of a DC.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                It's a qaulity win as long as they're ranked in the top 10. Folks start moving the goal post beyond that.

OU will finish stronger than they started, Stoops was a hack of a DC.
                But they suck?

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                  But they suck?
                  Yes, it's 10:13 and OU......

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                    Injuries seem to have decimated TCU the last few years.
                    And arrests.

Comment

Ags by fiddy!!

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                        How did Bengals miss out on this guy?
                        Pooka's grades were "iffy" as LSU offered him a scholarship contingent upon the kid getting his academic affairs in order. LSU did not want to have Pooka sign in February, and then find out in June he didn't pass certain classes. There was also some talk that Pooka may have to go JUCO for 1 year. If Pooka had A's and B's he'd be playing at LSU. Kansas offered Pooka regardless of his grades as he remained loyal in the end.

Kansas hired Tony Hull as the Associate HC and RB coach to establish a pipeline into Louisiana. Tony was a prominent HS FB coach from the NOLA area that many of the fatherless athletes looked up to. Tony offered scholarships to a dozen kids as 7 verbally committed to Kansas including Pooka and the #1 WR in the country Jamar Chase. At one time early in the recruiting process, Kansas had the #1 ranked class in the B12. The JayHawk football team was a combined 2-22 in two years prior, yet these 3, 4, and 5 star elite athletes were committing to KU over LSU and other P5 schools. Tony promised them playing time and together they could change the culture in Lawrence. Chase eventually came to his senses, re-opened his recruiting, and signed with LSU. After signing day, Hull recv'd a $250,000 raise for his recruiting efforts at KU.

Louisiana has so much talent that LSU cannot sign every player on their radar. LSU is already established in Texas and Florida and recruits nationwide. Schools like TCU, MSU, A&M, LA Tech, Texas, etc... have been able to sign kids from Louisiana that LSU either missed on, or did not have as a priority recruit. Some kids worked out for these schools, while some kids ended up transferring after getting buried in the depth chart.
                        Last edited by Cajun Blake; 10-23-2018, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                          Yes, it's 10:13 and OU......
                          ....still sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                            Hence the contradiction. He wants it both ways. They suck but they beat them so it’s a quality win. So stupid. Lol!
                            oh the irony.[emoji23]

You are trying way too hard again.

I stated simple facts.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 10-23-2018, 09:53 AM.

Comment

And so did I.

Comment

Correct.....that OU sucks. I agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X