No announcement yet.

LBJ Grassland 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still trying to figure out how I photo shop my face onto your pic...

Comment

I'm pretty bummed at how hot it's going to be this weekend...

Comment

Spoke with the LBJ Folks--they will be burning Thursday and Friday. Might want to call and see if your area will be affected and plan accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Note to self: Throw away old 120 rat-lin horns. Get bigger set.

Now that's funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post
            Spoke with the LBJ Folks--they will be burning Thursday and Friday. Might want to call and see if your area will be affected and plan accordingly.
            I wonder if the winds predicted for today will alter their burn schedule.

And BP what a great buck!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
              I wonder if the winds predicted for today will alter their burn schedule.

And BP what a great buck!
              you may be right...tomorrow is a little milder. I wish they'd get on with it though, so I know it doesn't start while I'm hunting or about to hunt in the future...Put that on your list of "things that suck."

Comment

Caddo-LBJ National Grasslands Outdoors FB page

For those with FB, you can get updates on Rx burning and other projects on this page. The District Ranger, Jeff Stoney, is the moderator.

This group will focus on Caddo-LBJ National Grassland users. It will promote and foster professional dialog between all user groups. This is a safe place where user groups can have constructive...

They completed burns around Tadra Point and are moving to Units 21 and 28 next.
                Last edited by Froggy; 11-02-2017, 06:42 AM.

Comment

I think they are burning. I live about 10 or so miles from a lot of the grasslands and can see this from my house.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Come to find out it's a field next to the school to the west and they have evacuated the school in Slidell.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Froggy!
                      1st bow kill/Public Land kill. Got her on Monday following opening weekend. She's a tiny lil thing and the only thing that would stand still long enough to give me a shot. Aside from a few hunts on private land last year, haven't hunted in 30 years and only hunted small game as a kid. Something about my own kid headed towards the teen years ignited a spark in me to go hunting --- I'm all in now. Bought the bow in August and learned to shoot it. Got alot to learn about calling, scouting, rattling, climbing trees, etc and pretty excited bout the new hobby. My wife and son are loving the grasslands too, which is making for a really cool family experience. Would love to get a buck this season and join the club with all of you. But so far, I'd say that for approx every 60 doe (I've actually seen em) at the grasslands, there are exactly 0 bucks, cuz I aint seen even 1.
                      Last edited by JB3; 11-02-2017, 07:02 PM. Reason: Intro

Comment

Open your post. Go to the paperclip. Download pics. Go back to paperclip and insert pics.

There is a way to download from your phone but I haven't figured that out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by JB3 View Post

Thanks Froggy!
                          1st bow kill/Public Land kill. Got her on Monday following opening weekend. She's a tiny lil thing and the only thing that would stand still long enough to give me a shot. Aside from a few hunts on private land last year, haven't hunted in 30 years and only hunted small game as a kid. Something about my own kid headed towards the teen years ignited a spark in me to go hunting --- I'm all in now. Bought the bow in August and learned to shoot it. Got alot to learn about calling, scouting, rattling, climbing trees, etc and pretty excited bout the new hobby. My wife and son are loving the grasslands too, which is making for a really cool family experience. Would love to get a buck this season and join the club with all of you. But so far, I'd say that for approx every 60 doe (I've actually seen em) at the grasslands, there are exactly 0 bucks, cuz I aint seen even 1.

Good on you!

Comment

School me please on the regs of taking does during modern gun season/ muzzleloader season... on LBJ...... TIA

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                              School me please on the regs of taking does during modern gun season/ muzzleloader season... on LBJ...... TIA

As of tomorrow morning when general season is officially open, you can only take does on the Thursday through Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend.

You also cannot take does during the extended doe/spike season after general season has closed(early January). Spikes only, and that means only true spikes. No bucks with one unbranded antler. They have to be a single antler on each side.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X