Bugs eating food plot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugs eating food plot

My peas and beans are taking a hit from bugs. What can be done if anything? I have a sprayer but not sure what to use. Anyone ever spray their plots for bugs? Thanks

Can you identify the bugs in question? The type of bug will dictate what insecticide you can use.... On the QDMA forum, I have read of several folks that use insecticides when necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexun View Post
      Can you identify the bugs in question? The type of bug will dictate what insecticide you can use.... On the QDMA forum, I have read of several folks that use insecticides when necessary.
      I will get some pics when I go back. There's lots of bugs so I'm not sure what's eating the leaves.

Comment

Sounds like we are having the same problem as well. My neighbor said it is grasshoppers. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of these pests?

Comment

Originally posted by drslonghorn View Post
          Sounds like we are having the same problem as well. My neighbor said it is grasshoppers. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of these pests?
          I never took any pics because my fields are doing much better. Not sure what was going on but once they sprouted more leaves they took off. It seems to early to be grasshoppers. Ive only saw a few so far at my place. I fertilized 2 weeks ago and the rains came. They went from 4" to about 14" in about 10 days.

Comment

grasshoppers took out our food plots in the drought years, crushed them in about one months time, no cure that I know of

Comment

Sevin dust or spray on.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I will hope they are not eating ours, will be a week or two before I can check on them.

Comment

Working...
                X