Installed cost of 5 strand fencing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed cost of 5 strand fencing

Anybody have any 5 strand barbed wire fencing installed lately?

I have 2 runs, one is approx 900' and one is approximately 650'.

I have no idea how many H posts to figure and how much do corner posts with kickers usually run?

Putting together house building budgets.

Also, anyone have a ballpark figure for a 12' wide swing gate with a powered operator run? Just a standard iron gate with an arch across the top with the ranch name/logo.

And finally what about pipe fencing? I would need about 200' across the front of the property.

Thanks for any input.

Mike I am building some barb wire fence right now with H-post in the center and corner post. This one came out to be about $4 per lineal foot, plus extra H and corners(this one has an entryway) and extra rock charge per hole that hit rock. Started off at about $6k for 1500lf but will be closer to $7500 with all the extras. It's a rocky sob!

Not sure about pipe or the gate, but depending on what part of the country it is in, I can hook you up with the right folks. Poolville? Seems I read it but cant remember.
    Jason

Comment

PM sent

Comment

I believe we had 1/3 mile installed for $4,000 several years ago...

Comment

Just had a new fence built last week. We supplied all materials and cost was $1 per foot for labor and $10 dollars per corner. We built about 3500 feet and it ran about $2 per foot total. We used all wood posts 10 feet apart and put in double H braces, they were 6 feet apart.

Comment

We just had 1000 foot of 4' 4x4 wire,barb wire top and bottom,3 gates,4 corners, 4 h brackets for 4 bucks a foot.
            Barbed wire should run around 3 tops. More if you are in rock. I am in solid black dirt. I think pipe rail runs about 10 a foot. Most people I talked to wanted 150-200 per corner and 100 for h brace. I did all the leg work on our fence. I bought everything and then just hired a guy to do the work. Saved me 2200.

Comment

MIke,

Material for your fence will be easy to determine, but labor will depend heavily on your location. Soil, rock etc. I have a guy who does great fence work and works primarily in our area. Let me know if you want his info. I wouldn't trust a bid unless you have net the trade on site and walked the job.

If you are going to pull any trailers thru your gate and the road is not perfectly straight, I would go wider than 12'. Mine is 16' and I wouldn't want it any smaller. I'm sure you could find a custom gate cheaper, but my experience with good solid gates, installed with operater run from $5K to $6K. If yournot in a big hurry, I could build ya one, I do them on the side as a hobby. Let me see if I have a pic of mine ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	New 3-09 531 (Medium).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	23931409

I did this one last summer, once again for fun ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Spencer 4-30-09 410 (Medium).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	23931410

How quick are you wanting to get all of this done? I could take a look at it with you if you like.

Comment

As said above I would NOT go any smaller than 16' on the gate. If you are on a traveled road I would also set the gate itself back far enough to pull a truck and trailer into the drive and be completely off the road. My gate is set 50' back from the pavement I also have 6' on either side of the gate before the wings head back to the road. The road end of the wings is also
                50' wide. Makes it easy in and easy out.

Comment

Originally posted by MarlinMears View Post
                  Mike I am building some barb wire fence right now with H-post in the center and corner post. This one came out to be about $4 per lineal foot, plus extra H and corners(this one has an entryway) and extra rock charge per hole that hit rock. Started off at about $6k for 1500lf but will be closer to $7500 with all the extras. It's a rocky sob!

Not sure about pipe or the gate, but depending on what part of the country it is in, I can hook you up with the right folks. Poolville? Seems I read it but cant remember.
                  Jason
                  Yeah Poolville, it is. We appear to have good dirt up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Extremebowman View Post
                    MIke,

Material for your fence will be easy to determine, but labor will depend heavily on your location. Soil, rock etc. I have a guy who does great fence work and works primarily in our area. Let me know if you want his info. I wouldn't trust a bid unless you have net the trade on site and walked the job.

If you are going to pull any trailers thru your gate and the road is not perfectly straight, I would go wider than 12'. Mine is 16' and I wouldn't want it any smaller. I'm sure you could find a custom gate cheaper, but my experience with good solid gates, installed with operater run from $5K to $6K. If yournot in a big hurry, I could build ya one, I do them on the side as a hobby. Let me see if I have a pic of mine ...

[ATTACH]163409[/ATTACH]

I did this one last summer, once again for fun ...

[ATTACH]163410[/ATTACH]

How quick are you wanting to get all of this done? I could take a look at it with you if you like.
                    Those gates look great! I threw in $5k for a budget number for the gate so I was at least in the ball park with my guess. As to time frame, probably still a year out for fence and gate.

If the offer is still good when I'm ready, I'll definitely take you up on your offer to build one. Heck I'll even bring the refreshments and help.

Originally posted by "DOC" View Post
                    As said above I would NOT go any smaller than 16' on the gate. If you are on a traveled road I would also set the gate itself back far enough to pull a truck and trailer into the drive and be completely off the road. My gate is set 50' back from the pavement I also have 6' on either side of the gate before the wings head back to the road. The road end of the wings is also
                    50' wide. Makes it easy in and easy out.
                    This will be near the end of a dead end street (cul-de-sac) but I still plan to make it deep enough for truck and trailer to be out of the road. Will keep in mind the 16' gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      If the offer is still good when I'm ready, I'll definitely take you up on your offer to build one. Heck I'll even bring the refreshments and help.
                      Price goes up if you help, Mike.

My dad had about 1500' of 5-strand ran last year on his place in Springtown. Can't remember the $/lft., but I can give you the fence builder's name & number. Local guy, does a good job. Tell him you heard about him through J.D. Jones on Holbrook Rd.

Sam Diaz
                      (817)220-3716 home
                      (817)694-1921 mobile

Comment

And I second Sam. I wish my uncle woulda hired him instead of me...

Comment

Originally posted by MarlinMears View Post
                          And I second Sam. I wish my uncle woulda hired him instead of me...
                          Come see me next time you are at the Building Center. I saw your name on an order, or quote, or something the other day. I'm usually in the Idea Center on the east end of the parking lot.

Comment

Mike I just finished 29 acres of 5 strand.

Heres what I have in it.

4 Corners / 10 H's / T-posts and Wire / 2 12 foot gates / 1 16 foot entrance gate. Materials including 2.3/8 pipe with caps....$6,100

Labor- FREE ( I did it on nights and weekends and hope to never never ever do it again)

We had 2 quotes prior to us doing it. Full quotes for labor/materials.

1st quote $12,800
                            2nd quote $13,500

Comment

Anybody in East Texas area......Smith County???

Comment

Working...
                              X