No announcement yet.

Hill Country Foodplots/Sun Hemp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I've seen and heard, it's very tough to start spring food plots in the hill country because you will always be dealing with either drought or if it rains, you will be dealing with grass taking it over. I;n sure it will get better and better each year. Have you tried a fall food plot? I am interested in seeing how this plays out bc we are interested in doing fall food plots on our place. It looks like you are doing a good job.

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
      From what I've seen and heard, it's very tough to start spring food plots in the hill country because you will always be dealing with either drought or if it rains, you will be dealing with grass taking it over. I;n sure it will get better and better each year. Have you tried a fall food plot? I am interested in seeing how this plays out bc we are interested in doing fall food plots on our place. It looks like you are doing a good job.
      This is the first year I've tried a spring plots.

My fall plots in the past have had mixed results but I didn't put much effort in them all all.

I know oats will grow with minimal effort where i'm at so that's what I'll be planting.

Comment

Working...
      X