Starting out camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting out camera

I have a Samsung S630, just a Wal-Mart cheapie. Is this ok to start out with? I am a high school student, so money is hard to come by, so i cant go buy a canon right off the bat, or anything. Thanks.

Any camera is good to start with. when you get a chance later you can upgrade to an SLR. I use a point and shoot camera too, but continue to learn all the time. Equipment will only get you so far. There are some photographers taking great pictures with cell phone cameras. Digital photographs are cheap, so take as many pictures are you can. "You can not learn anything from photographs you don't take".

Comment

I recently started looking at the photography section and I would like to know which camera most of you use for these great photos. I would like to purchase a nice camera. Currently, I have a small 7.1 megapixel sony digital camera but would like to upgrade could you please post suggestions for a beginner and proce range of that camera.

Thanks

Comment

As a beginner myself, I like my D40 so far. I bought it factory refurbished from B&H photo for $350 with an 18-55 lens. That is about as cheap as you can go for a DSLR and can spend absolutely as much as you want from there. I have also already spent another $400 or so on goodies, and this is nothing compared to what most on here use.
        Last edited by TexasBob; 05-13-2009, 08:36 AM. Reason: cost correction

Comment

[QUOTE=TexasBob;1489129]As a beginner myself, I like my D40 so far. I bought it factory refurbished from B&H photo for $350 with an 18-55 lens. That is about as cheap as you can go for a DSLR and can spend absolutely as much as you want from there. I have also already spent another $400 or so on goodies, and this is nothing compared to what most on here use.[/QUOTE]

Ohhh don't remind me

There are some good kits that you can get on B&H. I bought my Nikon D90 off Ebay and got a GREAT deal.
          But a D40 is a nice camera, and I have seen some great shots taken with it.

Beginner tips:
          You must set a price range.
          Buy great glass and a good body.
          Shoot, Shoot, Shoot.
          Read lots of info on Exposure.

Comment

Working...
          X