Grapevine Eats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grapevine Eats

The wife and I are going to Grapevine this weekend to meet up with our Army son who is there for a few days of training. What are some of the best places to eat? Are there any good happenings there this weekend we should check out?

Drive to Southlake and go to Shuck Me. Member here Mjhaverkamps restaurant

Comment

Comment

Previous thread on this with lots of good suggestions:

I'm local so if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Burgers
        Jake's on Main Street in Grapevine
        Twisted Root (Old Towne Coppell or Roanoke)
        Kincaid's in Southlake

Breakfast
        Old West Cafe (Hiway 26 in Grapevine)
        Local Diner in Old Towne Coppell
        Coppell Deli in Old Towne Coppell - this is the place the Cowboys of the 90s made famous for their breakfast. HUGE breakfast sandwiches and pancakes.

Pizza
        Mellow Mushroom in Southlake is good for a sit down meal
        Palio's Pizza can be a sit down or taken back to the hotel
        Fireside Pies in Grapevine for sit down

BBQ
        Hard 8 in Old Towne Coppell or Roanoke
        Meat U Anywhere in Grapevine... I haven't eaten there but hear a lot of good things about it.

Fried Chicken
        Babe's in Roanoke

Old Towne Coppell is about 7 minutes east of Bass Pro on Bethel Road

Roanoke is about 12 minutes west of Bass Pro. Southlake is about 5 minutes west....

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
          Drive to Southlake and go to Shuck Me. Member here Mjhaverkamps restaurant
          This, not far of a drive!

But in grapevine itself, I would say Wilhoites has good food and atmosphere, Esparzas has good Mexican food, wise guys for pizza.

Of course Bass Pro is right next door, Southlake square has nice higher end shops if your wife wants to do some shopping.

Tons of other food selections in Southlake as well as Flower mound. Im semi local so holler if you have something in mind y'all want to do and I'll point you in the right direction.

Comment

I live in grapevine and Esparza's is a great Mexican food restaurant. Burgers a couple of places a real dive is Peace Burger and then bottle cap alley. Steakhouse go to Dino's. Pizza wise guys pizzeria. Rock fish if you want seafood. Tolberts has award winning chili. Place for great brew selection is peace Burger. We also have 12 wine tasting rooms in the downtown area. Meat u anywhere for Bar b q is really good.
            I hope this helps you out. BTW watch out for the speed limits

Comment

You just missed the awesome Christmas display, but walk down Main St and check out some restaurants and wineries tasting rooms there. The brewery is ok IMO.
              Los Amigos is liked by locals for mexican food, Esparza's is also good, Uncle Julios is chain but good too.
              Meat Anywhere is good BBQ, we like Bartley's also but been a while since eating there.

Comment

Tolberts. Always have great live music (cover bands), great beer selection, and good food. Can get loud though if you're wanting to sit and chat. Southlake is full of well, people that like Southlake.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                  But in grapevine itself, I would say Wilhoites has good food and atmosphere, Esparzas has good Mexican food.
                  Originally posted by Bigdaddy View Post
                  I live in grapevine and Esparza's is a great Mexican food restaurant. Burgers a couple of places a real dive is Peace Burger and then bottle cap alley. Steakhouse go to Dino's. Tolberts has award winning chili. Place for great brew selection is peace Burger. We also have 12 wine tasting rooms in the downtown area. Meat u anywhere for Bar b q is really good. I hope this helps you out. BTW watch out for the speed limits
                  Dino's has the best filet I have ever tasted. It is greatness. Probably eat there every other week.

Esparza's is greatness if you would rather go Mexican. Great food, great drinks and great atmosphere.

Comment

Mac's on Main for nice dinner in Grapevine, Southlake Feed Store for BBQ.

Comment

Shuck me is dang good!! Awesome environment as well. In grapevine Tolberts is real good as well

Comment

I love Tolbert's.Never had anything there that I didn't like.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the replays. It sounds like we will be eating good.

Comment

If you want hi end i recommend Wine Wood and bobs steak house both amazing steaks. Mi dia from scratch is also good mexican there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                              If you want hi end i recommend Wine Wood and bobs steak house both amazing steaks. Mi dia from scratch is also good mexican there as well.
                              x2

We travel to Grapevine a couple times a year. My family starts fighting, I mean making dinner plans, a week in advance. The topic is are we going to Tolberts or Mi Dia from Scratch on the first night in town.

Comment

Working...
                              X