Javi down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Javi down

Last Friday night I scored an up close and personal shot on a javi with Bear Super Kodiak. A big storm was rolling in and the javi's were out. I made four stalks on two different groups and the wind and thunder had these critters on edge.

I finally got in range and missed! Well it thundered as a shot and the javi came right back and moved to within 5 yards of me. I drew back and let the arrow fly.

It was solid shot, but the javi ran into the brush. When it came back out the arrow looked like I only got a couple of inches of penetration. It ran back into the brush and I waited a few minutes because a javi was standing right next to me in the brush. Once it fuzzed up and busted out of there I walked back to my truck.

The rain was coming and I did not want to lose this one. I found blood and then Josh(fourfeathers) found more and it was going into the brush. I moved over and shined my light and said there is more blood right there and then there was my javi. Maybe went 10 yards total. Arrow got complete penetration for a double lung shot. Arrow was sticking out the opposite side.

DRT broadheads are nice!!!
    Attached Files

Way to go Timm! I was down south on Friday also, and it come a serious storm where we were.

I got my javi Sat morning.

Congrats!

Bisch

P.S. - Don't forget to post your pic in the 2016 Trad Harvest Thread! http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=570183
    Last edited by Bisch; 03-21-2016, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Excellent.

I love javelina hunting. I hunted outside of Laredo twice with my compound. I always brought my long bow for the second javelina. Unfortunately I only got one each year with my compound and ran out of time so I never got one with my longbow.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
              Excellent.

I love javelina hunting. I hunted outside of Laredo twice with my compound. I always brought my long bow for the second javelina. Unfortunately I only got one each year with my compound and ran out of time so I never got one with my longbow.
              This trip I always try to do a double one with my recurve and one with my compound. This year I finally pulled it off. I got my double.

Comment

Awesome, congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                    Way to go Timm! I was down south on Friday also, and it come a serious storm where we were.

I got my javi Sat morning.

Congrats!

Bisch

P.S. - Don't forget to post your pic in the 2016 Trad Harvest Thread! http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=570183
                    We were down there working too...quite a light show for dinner!

Comment

Josh and I skinned out our javi's in that storm. The power went out on us a few times and the wind and lightening was intense.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                        Josh and I skinned out our javi's in that storm. The power went out on us a few times and the wind and lightening was intense.
                        A lot of bark but not much bite where we were...we only got about an inch of rain in Tilden.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Congrats on the javie double!!!

Looks like it was a great weekend to be hunting those rascals, minus the weather.

Comment

Working...
                              X