Good Bean Recipes???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Bean Recipes???

Does anyone have any good bean recipes?? Baked Beans, Pinto, etc...

I have a new smoker that has a flat top firebox and I want to set my dutch oven on top of it and make some good beans to go with my brisket, ribs, sausage, etc...

Thanks!!!

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
    Does anyone have any good bean recipes?? Baked Beans, Pinto, etc...

I have a new smoker that has a flat top firebox and I want to set my dutch oven on top of it and make some good beans to go with my brisket, ribs, sausage, etc...

Thanks!!!
    Go get you a bottle of Cattleman's and a onion... then put some pork & beans in the pot (drain the juice) and cover with the Cattleman's, cut up the onion and simmer until the onion is clear...

Don't sound like much, but I ain't never had to throw any away at cookouts... folks is dippng chunks of bread in the pot to get the last of it..

Comment

Originally posted by JAVI View Post
      Go get you a bottle of Cattleman's and a onion... then put some pork & beans in the pot (drain the juice) and cover with the Cattleman's, cut up the onion and simmer until the onion is clear...

Don't sound like much, but I ain't never had to throw any away at cookouts... folks is dippng chunks of bread in the pot to get the last of it..
      Now that sounds good!!! Wont take too much time away from beer drinkin either!

Comment

2 lbs pinto beans
        2 fresh jalps.(cut to small pieces w/o seeds)
        6 garlic cloves (minced)
        6 slices of bacon fried (put grease into beans)
        2 packs of Sazon (you can find it in the Mexican isle of HEB it is Goya brand)
        1 large white onion (cut into large chunks)
        1 bunch cilantro
        1 to 2 beers
        salt to taste

These beans are comp. winners

Comment

1 lb. red kidney beans
          4 ounces of tasso or salt meat if you can not get tasso
          8 ounces of cut up smoked sausage
          2 cloves garlic diced
          3 diced jalapenos
          1 yellow onion diced
          1 bell pepper diced
          3 table spoons butter
          cover ingredients with water an boil

cook time approx. 3 hours. You can serve over white rice or eat just the beans. You can also substiture white beans or lima beans.

Comment

Just got through makin a batch for a cookout at work tomorrow. It's not for the purist, but they taste pretty darn good.

Buy a gallon of precooked pinto beans, add chopped japs, onion, and cilantro. I also add some salsa or a can of Rotel and seasoned salt. Let it simmer for a while 'til the veggies cook and you got some quick easy beans.

Comment

Several of these are sounding like they need trying at my home.. thanks.

Comment

make sure to consume in a properly ventilated area!

Comment

The best baked beans

1 large onions diced
                  1lb bacon cut in small pieces and fried with onions

1 can of each not drained except the black beans
                  pinto
                  red
                  black drain these
                  navy
                  baked

or any other beans you like

1-2 tbs of mustard
                  1 teaspoon garlic
                  3 tbs mollasse
                  bbq sauce cattleman's
                  salt to taste
                  pepper to taste
                  2.5 tbs of dark brown sugar
                  1/2 tsp cummin
                  1 large can beer

Sprinkle the top with more brown sugar.

Mix and pour into large baking dish

Bake at 350 for about 1 to 1.5 hours

Comment

Comment

This is my camp bean method at the lease.........always gets finished and recooked with tortilla's in the manana

Trappeys pinto beans in a can, one per person
                      Pound of good bacon "Blue Ribbon"
                      3 fresh jalepeno
                      2 1018 onions
                      Tony C's
                      Crisp bacon, add onion chopped fine and jalepeno with or with out seeds, cook to clear onions
                      Cilantro if you like it..........
                      add all cans with juice and bring to low boil, then simmer letting the vapor reduce liquid.
                      I usually add one beer and a can of Rotel hot for further reduction. Experiment for amount of "hot" as you prefer...........have made some batches that will smoke a pilgrims morning ritual!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This is my go to recipe and I never get any complaints...

First, I notice that a lot of you guys are frying bacon for flavor...I do the same thing but use the boxed "bacon ends"...It's the hunks they cut off the regular bacon to make them "square" for slicing and packaging...it's a red, white, and blue box in the bacon section and it's always a staple in my hunting camps for flavoring foods. It's a lot cheaper, you get the same flavor, and the meat pieces are actually bigger.

Rough chop 1# bacon ends.
                        Dice 1 large yellow onion
                        Seed and fine dice 4 jalapenos and 2 serranos
                        Dice 6 garlic cloves

In a big skillet start frying the bacon ends. I always add about a tablespoon of lard for additional flavor but thats optional.

Add the onion and diced peppers and keep frying till onion is almost translucent.

Add the garlic to brown right at the end.

Meanwhile pick 2# of pintos and put in the bean pot. ( I don't pre soak so they stay firmer)

I made a perforated spacer for the bottom of my bean pot that keeps the beans from actually sitting on the bottom of the pot...I don't like to stir beans more than absolutely necessary and that cuts down on the risk of burning...

I add 2 cans of original rotel (with the juice) and 6 tablespoons of Fiesta Pinto Bean Seasoning. Then I pour the undrained hot bacon/onions/peppers/garlic over the beans and add just enough water to cover. As the beans swell I will keep adding hot water to just keep them covered. You could certainly use beer for this if you wanted to, but I have better uses for mine LOL.

Then slow simmer till they are done while salting to taste as they cook...

The beans are very spicy and flavorful...they have just a litle "pop" but aren't too "hot" for even the most timid eaters.

They make GREAT refried beans for breakfast...
                        Last edited by cosmiccowboy; 01-02-2010, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Using leftover ham is my favorite way to cook beans. I usually start with a bag of Northern White beans, or pintos, and fresh dug ramps. Around here the Easter ham is best for this as the ramps will usually be coming up.

Soak the beans overnight and then get them to a boil the next morning, reduce and let simmer.
                          Debone the leftover ham, cut up what you need for the beans, slice the rest for sandwiches. I like to put the ham bone in a pot with some water and let it simmer. Later I will clean the bone off and add the remains to the beans. Cut up a pile of ramps, and a big sweet onion. Add this to the beans along with a quarter cup of brown sugar, some garlic, salt and pepper to taste, and a few tablespoons of "Red Hot" This is a home recipe that you got to play with yourself, I doubt I've ever done it the same twice. Just make sure you have a few beers while playing!

I like to let all this simmer till it is thick like a stew. some folks might like thinner soup, that falls back on how much beer and playing you did.

Enjoy!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X