No announcement yet.

Headed to the lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL! We didn't shoot a single thing! We walked around a bit and watched the wildlife. My poor daughter had the wits scared out of her by a covey of quail and we spent the next several minutes walking the area trying to get a glimpse of them on the ground. There is a small pond on the place and as is usual my little girl was more interested in fishing than anything else so we decided to get out her rod and give it a go. About 10 minutes into it she gets a little bass on the end of her line. Darn thing managed to get airborne and spit the hook and that just made her want it that much more. Spent some together time around a campfire making smores and memories. Now that we have been there we know what to pack (or more importantly what NOT to pack) for the next trip. Hoping to get caught up at work so that I can take a few days off to get down there for 4-5 during spring turkey season.

All in all it was a darn good time to be a husband and father even if I didn't become a bow hunter during the trip.

Comment

There is a name for people who show up to a lease sight unseen and kill something:

A guest

For members, there is work to be done.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X