Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be okay with 0% corporate tax rate if..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
    The concept of corporations or businesses not paying taxes means they do not pay taxes, they collect taxes from their customers. Taxes are built into the price of your goods and services.
    A concept is an idea. And this idea that corporations can just pass the taxes on down the line is flawed. As Curt said, the more you grow, the more you pay, and we have these people called customers that don't give a flip about your taxes. They just want the low bid. Although I don't pay many taxes anymore, I was once a contractor, and I was seldom in a position to pass it along to the customer. By the time you could get a rate increase, it was well past due, believe me. Not that I didn't make money, I did. But our current system penalizes the producers and rewards the takers.

Comment

Corporate tax is another way of the government's ways of making poor and middle class people poorer. The tax is passed on down to the consumer taking more and more of theirs and my money. Sewage always runs downhill.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        A concept is an idea. And this idea that corporations can just pass the taxes on down the line is flawed. As Curt said, the more you grow, the more you pay, and we have these people called customers that don't give a flip about your taxes. They just want the low bid. Although I don't pay many taxes anymore, I was once a contractor, and I was seldom in a position to pass it along to the customer. By the time you could get a rate increase, it was well past due, believe me. Not that I didn't make money, I did. But our current system penalizes the producers and rewards the takers.
        your customers give you the $ that you turn over to the irs. If you did not have to write that check, i would bet your bids could be a bit lower to maintain same level of profit at the end of the year.

You guys are both right, just looking with a different perspective. Corporations do pay tax on their profits, customers give them the money they use to pay those taxes. If the tax burden was removed, then it would change the overall equation in terms of price/profit/reinvest and competition will drive the market to a new balance point.

Comment

Originally posted by boomerball View Post
          your customers give you the $ that you turn over to the irs. If you did not have to write that check, i would bet your bids could be a bit lower to maintain same level of profit at the end of the year.

You guys are both right, just looking with a different perspective. Corporations do pay tax on their profits, customers give them the money they use to pay those taxes. If the tax burden was removed, then it would change the overall equation in terms of price/profit/reinvest and competition will drive the market to a new balance point.
          Exactly!

Comment

Working...
          X