Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glen Campbell “A Better Place”

Comment

For me there are some that do, for a specific reason.

Remember When-Alan Jackson-Mostly because of a very familiar story line, but in the end they made it. Maybe sadness that mine didnt.

Comfortably Numb-Floyd- Reminds me of a very close friend that passed at 30y/o. He told me once that it reminded him of me ( not due to drug use, personality )

Bittersweet Symphony-The Verve- Same close friend wanted it played at his funeral but his parents didnt play it.

Against the Wind-Seger-I identify closely with it
      Last edited by miket; 02-05-2019, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Is Kamakawiwo'ole. Beautiful version, always loved it. They played it at my younger cousins funeral years ago. I've broken down every time I have heard it since then.

Have it All - Jeremy Kay. It's on my favorite show (Scrubs). I listened to it a lot when my grandmother passed away in 2017. Sometimes I laugh, or sing with it. Occasionally I cry.

I am sure there are others, When I get where I am Going was one for a while. There are some good ones here.

Comment

She may just have the greatest female voice of all time. She’s working on some secular stuff and will rival Adele (sp) as the most talented female vocalist around.

Comment

Chris Stapleton- more of you
            Randy Travis- he walked on water

Comment

One of my all time favorites.

Comment

Also really like this one. Even though my daughter is only 11 is still tugs at the heart strings.

Oh and Keith Whitley

Comment

Last edited by patwilson; 02-05-2019, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Some good ones!

Comment

the beatles "hey jude"

Comment

Another vote here for "In Color" and "Let Him Roll".

I'm getting goose bumps now just thinking about them.

Comment

This one for me. Probably has a lot to do with my twin boys being 7 years old.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrYUK1vzCfY"]Eric Church - Monsters (Official Lyric Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                            "Boy" Lee Brice.
                            This is one that gets me now that my son is grown and getting Married.

Comment

Here is one that speaks redemption to me everyday!
                              [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeqUcLeAJ98"]Tauren Wells - Known (Live at the 2018 Dove Awards) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Daddy never was the Cadillac kind: Confederate Railroad
                                The Walk: Sawyer Brown

Comment

Working...
                                X