Ox 5 blind by Barnett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ox 5 blind by Barnett

Anyone have one and how long of a longbow have you comfortably shot inside of one?
    I bought one this year and haven’t tried my longbows inside it yet.

My big Mike's is 80" and plenty tall. Not sure what your blinds dimensions are. I would say 72" as a minimum.

Gary

Comment

The OX5 is 72" at it high point.

I like them at least 84", but 72 will work just fine if you cant your bow.

I have two of the Big Mike Xt's, and love them, but they are getting pretty ragged, because I leave them set out year round.

After looking at the prices again, I've decide I can build much better, and have exactly what I want for way less. Plus, I will then have something that won't deteriorate when I leave them out.

Rick

Comment

I think real blinds are better but popups serve a purpose for me that permanent blinds cannot. So I have both and use them accordingly.
        I have no clearance issues with a Krivoman, Maverick or a Big Mike's but you have to know how high your seat is as well.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          My big Mike's is 80" and plenty tall. Not sure what your blinds dimensions are. I would say 72" as a minimum.

Gary
          It is 72”. My Whip is 62”.

Comment

My other is I am sure will be tough since it’s 68”.

Comment

That should work as long as you have a low enough window. You just have to have it where your chair sits low enough where your bow arm is about 36" off the ground when drawn. That will give you clearance each direction.

Gary

Comment

Fortunately being short I can shoot a shorter bow without stacking issues.
                If you elevate the blind it becomes more difficult as you have to adjust and be aware of your clearance. I shot a 62" Sage out of my elevated Maverick blind. After an oops I took a target out there, shot it from a few different places and figured it out. Now I can shoot out of it without too much worry as long as I place myself correctly for the shot.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                X