• Show
Clear All

paint job

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
    Nice build buddy!
    Originally posted by LastHurrah View Post
    Thanks Guys.

Originally posted by fishanhunt View Post
    Very nice. Now we need a step by step on the paint job. Looks awesome.
    fishanhunt,

The paint job was actually fairly easy, but time comsuming. I had a little help from my wife on the base layer brown, but the rest I tackled. I started with the base brown that I rolled on. (took longer then expected because I was about hald a pint short on paint, haha) I then broke out the Spray paint. I bought some tactical digital stencils off of a quick google search one day which turned out to work pretty good. The digital print isnt as detailed as it could have been, but that is just my pacience. I sprayed the entire blind with the camo green spray paint first through the stensil, then I did tan and finally I did the final spray with the black which made all the difference. I have never worked with spray paint before so I didnt know how much I would need. Lets just say they know me at Home Depot now after all the trips. I am now stocked up for a while though. haha. Spraying through the digital stencil was fairly easy, I just had to make sure that I didnt spray over the same spots in the same pattern each time. I would try to move it a little each time to make sure each color was showing.

Comment

butt up tight

Originally posted by fishanhunt View Post
      Did you seal the seams where the walls bolt together or do they just butt up tight?
      All the seems butt up tight when it is put together. The bolts when the final assemble will also tighten everything up. I dont have any light coming through currently, but I bought a can of great stuff just in case I need it. haha.

Comment

Great work man!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ballcoach10 View Post
          Great work man!!!
          Thanks buddy.

Comment

Very well done, you should really enjoy hunting out of it.

Comment

Looks top notch. I'd love to hunt out of that blind. I really like the square on the back and octagon on the front. May have to try that the next time I build one!

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                Very well done, you should really enjoy hunting out of it.
                Thanks, Im sure looking forward to it.

Originally posted by down2hunt View Post
                Looks top notch. I'd love to hunt out of that blind. I really like the square on the back and octagon on the front. May have to try that the next time I build one!
                Yeah I wanted to have the ability to shoot my bow in all possible directions if needed instead of just one window in the front. Thanks

Comment

Looks great, I've been trying to talk myself into building one for a while!

Comment

Originally posted by Matador View Post
                    Looks great, I've been trying to talk myself into building one for a while!
                    Better hurry before its so hot it aint fun. haha

Comment

nice, been considering a hexgonal blind

Comment

Turned out great. Good luck this season

Comment

Man that turned out great. Let us know what it looks like in the field.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyneutrontx View Post
                            nice, been considering a hexgonal blind
                            Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                            Turned out great. Good luck this season
                            Originally posted by zcole04 View Post
                            Man that turned out great. Let us know what it looks like in the field.
                            Thanks guys. The blind turned out just like I wanted. I will be setting it up the last weekend of June at the lease. I will post pictures when it is set in its location. I am looking forward to setting in this closed, warm area instead of one of my tri pods collecting frost on my legs. haha

Comment

aint that a dandy

Comment

Digital rocks

Comment

Working...
                                X