No announcement yet.

Your 2018 Trad Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you reached the goal. I bet you add to that total.

Comment

my trad goal for 2018 is....

To successfully kill a deer - ��

male or female...it matters not

I'd love a buck though.

Comment

Your 2018 Trad Goals

Comment

Well we are getting close to the end of the year and maybe it's time to look back on our year and goals to see what we have accomplished, what we've fallen short on, and start forming some goals for next year as well as a plan to get to them.
          I've learned a bunch this year about my shooting abilities this year but really need to figure out within myself if changing some things is worth the work or if I should accept some of the limitations imposed on myself due to things like my anchor point.
          Still plenty of season left to get some contributions to the trad harvest thread as we prepare for family celebrations of the birth of our Savior as well.

Gary

Comment

I'm not ready to look back on my season yet! Heck I've only sat in the woods with my bow 1 trip so far this year. Hopefully headed back to the lease mid to late week if I can kick this flu. Right now I'm coughing so much wouldn't have a chance with the recurve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got my first flu shot in decades this year. Last years butt whipping convinced me I'm too old to take that kind of sick.
              Hope you feel better soon.
              Gary

Comment

My goal was to stick it out with trad equipment and get my first trad buck and it finally happened!

Comment

Congrats! That's a great buck!!

Comment

Good goal, great success.

Gary

Comment

I'm still really happy with my shooting. At targets...as far as hunting goes we'll see what happens next year. I haven't completely gotten past an unrecovered deer with a shot that looked to me to be perfect. Every time I think about hunting with my longbow I replay that shot and still can't figure out why I didn't find it. I've about just decided it wasn't as good as I thought or else I tracked too soon and bumped it, or a combination of both. At this point I just wanna get confident enough to hunt with it again!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                        1. This year I WILL get revenge on all the ninja squirrels.

2. Find a way to practice regularly at 30+ yards. I found my 10-15 yard shooting got way better by shooting at 20. Now I want to shrink those 20 yard groups!

3. One more deer (a hog would work as a substitute) before the end of the 2017-18 season.

I'll assess and update as needed in the summer.
                        I've pretty much struck out on my goals this year.

Haven't managed to kill a single tree rat, let alone hog or deer.

Haven't had any place to shoot 30 yards either.

Shot a hog in January but didn't recover it so no dice there.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                          That is my goal again this year..... Kill everything I get close to
                          This is my goal every hunt as well.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                          X