Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched it...WOW.
    Originally posted by dezigirl78 View Post
    I started keto 6/19. I lost about 7lbs within the first week, but then it came to a halt. 4 weeks and only 7lbs was starting to disappoint. Then I watched the Netflix documentary, "The Magic Pill". Wow... what an eye opener. I was doing dirty keto and didn't know it.
    This week I decided to clean it up. No dairy, 16 hour intermittent fasting. All organic veggies and grass-fed meats.
    Yesterday was day 1 - this morning I weighed in 3lbs down.
    I have no idea what to expect from this, maybe my body was just shocked, maybe you can actually lose weight this fast... maybe it will all be back tomorrow. I'm simply reporting the facts - today I am down 3lbs from yesterday.
    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Starting back on my Keto yesterday. I lost almost 50 lbs last June 15th to September 15th. I slowly put back on six to seven lbs and hovered at 200 for months. I have binged a little recently on some trips the last two months and ate very well. But now I am back up to 208, (still better than 241 -242) so I hitting it again to get back down. So far it is much easier the second time around. The mental aspect is already under control. I am hoping to get to about 188 but wife says that is too thin.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
        . Good luck getting back on it

Thanks! I’ll check in when I’m back on it for a while. Ended up putting on about 6 lbs in that short time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
          Just watched it...WOW.

Isn't it a great show?? I love how it dives into HOW we came up with our current way of eating and WHY going back to a high fat/quality protein/veggie diet can be so beneficial. I also loved seeing the progress of the autistic children. That is amazing. The diabetes results were very impressive as well. My honey watched it with me and he is a insulin dependent diabetic. When the lady said "You have cured your diabetes with your nutrition" - He said that's a lie - there is no cure for diabetes. He wasn't listening - the CURE for diabetes.... is your nutrition. But - until you tell him he can eat CFS, taters and gravy and mac n cheese and not have to take insulin... there is no cure. LOL!!

Comment

I'd it will do that for an autistic child just think how much better it should have our minds functioning,[emoji106]
            I watch another one on YouTube and the Dr was say just because your not in ketosis DOES NOT mean you're not burning fat.
            Originally posted by dezigirl78 View Post
            Isn't it a great show?? I love how it dives into HOW we came up with our current way of eating and WHY going back to a high fat/quality protein/veggie diet can be so beneficial. I also loved seeing the progress of the autistic children. That is amazing. The diabetes results were very impressive as well. My honey watched it with me and he is a insulin dependent diabetic. When the lady said "You have cured your diabetes with your nutrition" - He said that's a lie - there is no cure for diabetes. He wasn't listening - the CURE for diabetes.... is your nutrition. But - until you tell him he can eat CFS, taters and gravy and mac n cheese and not have to take insulin... there is no cure. LOL!!

Comment

Found this interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by JRB868 View Post
                Down 15lbs, feel great. Just got a keto mojo blood meter and have started to monitor more effecient ketone levels for burning stored body fat not just dietary fat. Side note, keto cast iron meals are awesome, goggle them!
                You should watch the video I posted. Dr says you don't have to have ketones in your system to be burning fat.

Comment

You should watch the video I posted. Dr says you don't have to have ketones in your system to be burning fat.

He said you don’t have to be in Ketosis to burn fat. Being low carb will typically make your body produce a level of ketones, but being in Ketosis is more than just producing ketones. I’m not advocating you spend $160 on pruvit drinks (seriously don’t buy those) to up your ketone levels, but being in Ketosis from what I understand will help you burn fat faster.

Comment

Not at all. I'm just sharing what has worked better for my body type and eating habits. I've pretty much done it all when it comes to losing weight. Been battling it my whole life. This has worked best for me and I don't think about what I eat as long as I stay in that 1.0-1.5 range.

Comment

I’m just going to leave this right here....
                      Keto friendly Cinnamon Pecan Zucchini bread[emoji119] courtesy of my better half[emoji106]

Comment

I love Keto.
                        4 weeks down 19 lbs.
                        Just eating clean no exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                          I’m just going to leave this right here....
                          Keto friendly Cinnamon Pecan Zucchini bread[emoji119] courtesy of my better half[emoji106]

Recipe or it didn’t happen!

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                            Recipe or it didn’t happen!

Lol, here it is....she said she just substituted the pecans for the walnuts[emoji41]

Comment

Expensive - yes
                              Incredible - YES!

Less than 1g carb in a package. Crunchy, cheese goodness[emoji3]

Comment

I started a week ago. So far down 7lbs. (probably mostly water weight). Goal is 152lbs - started 189.

I was 152 back in college when I was exercising regularly. Hope to get back to that weight.

Only going to weight myself every other week and take selfies of gut every other week to hopefully stay motivated that something is happening, even if the scale isn't moving.

Comment

Working...
                                X