Amistad Group Hunts 2009-2010 Part 1...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJM View Post
    I'm actually free on the November dates.I'm gonna try to convince my buddies to go then too.

DJ

Heck thats even better

Comment

Me and a couple other guys are looking at doing this in December.We'll have a travel trailer.

DJ
      Let me know when you go down there DJ so I can show up for the much needed comedy relief.

Ain't nothin better than a crazy person to laugh at while on a hunting trip!

Comment

Originally posted by Dahmer View Post
        Let me know when you go down there DJ so I can show up for the much needed comedy relief.

Ain't nothin better than a crazy person to laugh at while on a hunting trip!
        You're on bud!

DJ

Comment

DJ

Got me set-up with a trad bow and gonna give it a go with a recurve while down at Amistad. Might need some pointers from ya

Comment

I have been thinking about hunting Amistad for several years now, might give it a try this year. I am doing the research trying to make it work. Have any of you hunted area 4? I have a 24 ft. bay boat that we could use to access the area, just wondering about the logistics of camping etc. Is there a place around area 4 that you can backcountry camp?

Comment

Originally posted by Leef View Post
              I have been thinking about hunting Amistad for several years now, might give it a try this year. I am doing the research trying to make it work. Have any of you hunted area 4? I have a 24 ft. bay boat that we could use to access the area, just wondering about the logistics of camping etc. Is there a place around area 4 that you can backcountry camp?
              Unit 4 I'm told by a GW is the place to be this year, especially if ya want an Aoudad We'll be heading down several times this year well into Feb. when the special exotics season ends. Your welcome to join us there a ton of terrain out there. As far as where to stay I am open to suggestions. I would probably bring my pop-up camper.

Comment

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
                DJ

Got me set-up with a trad bow and gonna give it a go with a recurve while down at Amistad. Might need some pointers from ya
                I can't help ya with traditional shooting,but Dahmer probably can.He knows his way around Amistad too.

DJ

Comment

I can't help ya with traditional shooting,but Dahmer probably can.He knows his way around Amistad too.

DJ
                  For some reason I was thinking you were a trad shooter, sorry. Man those things are fun to shoot tho

Comment

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
                    DJ

So did DJ set you up with trad or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Lethal Injection View Post
                      So did DJ set you up with trad or not?
                      Took my 62" Bill Pearson to the Outdoorsman and had it set-up with new string some cats whiskers, a Kwikie camo Mag4 Quiver, and I'm getting a SRF Lume sight. Been talking arrows with a guy on the AmistadBowhunter site about some cedars with wraps n feather vanes. right now been target shooting with my carbons. So much fun I cant put it down. Have pulled ut my compound since I got it set-up

I'm taking both to Amistad. They have a pretty cool archery shop called 3 Rivers that specialized in Trad stuff so should be fun to check out. Better leave my checkboof in the truck

Comment

I might be in for the hunt from the 19-22nd. I have a conference in del Rio from the 23rd through 25th and that would just let me leave a little early to get there. If I drove my state truck down, could I ride with somebody to and from the hunting area? I can't justify driving my state vehicle while hunting.

Send me a PM with some info. I have never hunted this area before.

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
                          I might be in for the hunt from the 19-22nd. I have a conference in del Rio from the 23rd through 25th and that would just let me leave a little early to get there. If I drove my state truck down, could I ride with somebody to and from the hunting area? I can't justify driving my state vehicle while hunting.

Send me a PM with some info. I have never hunted this area before.

Todd
                          I'm sure we can get ya a ride. Come on out.

Comment

Will be going down, but we have to go on the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by texasduck View Post
                              Will be going down, but we have to go on the weekend
                              Randy

My November will fall over a weekend Fri-Monday

Comment

Hey all you OCTOBER trip guys...where do we want to stay? Tent camp grounds across from Unit 5 Dahmer was talking about $4 a night or an RV park closer to the "Y" I'm good with either. I do have a "pop-up" camper If I want to take it.

Comment

Working...
                                X