No announcement yet.

LBJ Update as of Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another question, I know you have to have orange on when ever there is gun hunting but do you have to wear while in your blind or up in your tree stand...

Comment

Not sure if you *have* to, but I'm of the belief that it's not going to hurt your chances for success. I've got the "camo" orange and been face to face with many deer that never flinched at it.

You may not have to wear it, but if there are guns around I do...

Comment

I live in Wise County and I dont know of any other public land other than the LBJ You better check that map

Comment

Dureing gun season I recommend you where orange 24/7 atleast a orange vest in the treestand or blind. But yes like archery I wear orange to my treestand and take it off.

Comment

Well I have not been able to go get a map yet for the grasslands but the map I have is a wise county map showing all the county roads and what not. Somone said that there were around 100 differnt peices of LBJ and that is probly what im looking at. That is the way this is there a few large areas then many many small areas around the large ones..

Comment

You can not take it off while hunting in the woods, I know as last year the Warden busted a guy 150 yards from me with out having his orange on.

Comment

Originally posted by txsuperdad23 View Post
                Another question, I know you have to have orange on when ever there is gun hunting but do you have to wear while in your blind or up in your tree stand...
                During gun season, you need to wear orange 24/7 when in the field. No taking it off once you get to your hunting spot. Some idiot will see movement and shoot without verifying that you aren't a deer, if he doesn't see orange. It can happen!

Comment

Darn I guess orange for life I need to get a orange cap lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X