Caddo Lake WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caddo Lake WMA

Just wondering if anybody has ever hunted the Caddo Lake WMA? I was there last weekend canoeing with my GF by the state park and walked a little ways into the WMA across from the state park and about 100 yards in it had purple paint on trees. I have looked at the map in the public lands book but cannot find any good boundaries on the map so I decided to ask the brain trust. I have been thinking about meeting a friend there to do a little hunting but don't feel comfortable until I can find more info on boundaries. Here is a link to the PDF version of the public lands map in the booklet they give when you buy your permit. http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat..._0112a_730.pdf Thanks for you help in advance.

Eagles 405

purple paint denotes private property and that is the boundary.
    And is this the CADDO WMA on Goat Island or it's surrounding area?
    Too many snakes for me to hunt there!

Comment

I had a senior moment-----all I had to do is look at the link!

more on purple paint----------it's another way of posting land.......some use it instead of signs but it still means NO TRESPASSING!

Comment

I know purple paint means private property boundary, I stopped when I saw that. Have you hunted there before and did you have any luck? Has anybody hunter there this year? If so any luck or seen anything? Thanks

Eagles 405

Comment

the land on 43 on the marion county side is all a lease except for a small strip on the river. we used to hunt on goat island every year til about 2 years ago. its usually so thick you gota fight through it or you have to have chest waders to cross the sloughs.

Comment

Floyd, did you get anything or see any nice deer when you hunted there?

Comment

Working...
            X