Best hunt ever..deer are in pre rut in Sonora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best hunt ever..deer are in pre rut in Sonora

I've been building a cabin for a little over 3 months now it's mostly done so time to haul it away. It took 3 hours just to load it cause it's huge and heavy. We ended up getting to the lease at 3am Saterday night..I could feel a cold and heavy cough setting in. I ended up sleeping in while my really dedicated bro (sticknstring) got up and hutning that next morning. It was kinda hot out so I ended up missing the evening hunt also slept on through..at this point my bro was concerned..I was just trying to beat the cough I had and it was pointless to bowhunt with a bad cough so sleeping was a better option. The last hunt would be the next morning and it was in the freezing zone at 6AM. It was like mother nature and god decided to give me all three hunts worth of action in this one hunt.
    I saw over 20 deer moving about..the corn was gone in the first 30 min of light. Bucks were lip curling and lightly hitting branches. Most deer I saw were just passing by. I saw the buck I wanted to kill but he was run off by hogs before I got a chance to draw back. I killed both hogs that ruh him off. Saw each on these deer and lots more, turkeys, pigs and axis

I only made off with 2 stinky pigs but it was awesome to see those big mature deer and know I might get to take one soon. I have not taken a big thophey type buck in 4 years.

Sorry for the long read..here the pigs I took. They are both 180 pound sows..great eats..gonna make some breakfest sausage.

congrats on the pork, btw that is a beast of a cummins!

Comment

very nice!
      how in the world did you load up that sweet lil' cabin?

Comment

Congrats on the pigs. Sorry about the cough, been there done that.

Comment

It was rough..got a post in the DIY. Started with a chain through the skids and a big heavyduty come along...then progressed into 2 comealongs..one on each skid..much easier and it went pretty fast. Next time I have to move it I'll make wheels for it or buy an electric winch..got a quote for 1500.00 to have it moved by a pro..that would buy some awesome tools to do it myself..it was lots of hard work this first time..took 3 hours. If I had to do it again though I bet I could do it in an hour with the two come alongs.

Comment

Thats awesome Frank, glad you are feeling better.

Comment

Thanks PJ, you need to put that hoss of a buck you shot this year on your avatar.

Comment

Nice pigs!

Comment

nice

Comment

Awesome write up! congrats on your hunt and the sausage!

Comment

Originally posted by shunter14 View Post
                      congrats on the pork, btw that is a beast of a cummins!
                      What he said, congrats buddy

Comment

Big hogs, good shot!

Comment

Congrats Frank you need to stop killing hogs and get that big 10 point on the ground.

Comment

KAP.... Congrats on the pork and the nice cabin!!!! Looks like you will have your hands full chasing them big bucks around!!!

Comment

Nice bucks, looking forward to ldp's soon. Thats a good looking truck too.

Comment

Working...
                              X