Topic of the day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topic of the day.

I would like to know how much time do you spend setting up your bow for the season. From start to finish. Can you be happy with it in an hour? Or do you spend all day tweaking it?

For a 30yd max feeder/stand hunting setup. 1-2hrs. Everything else a week to fine tune it and will be good for rest of season.

Comment

I spend and hour or two getting it close. Good enough for most. Thanks to Mike Smith I worked on my Elk bow so it would cut fletching's at 60yds. Depends on how accurate you want to shoot. I want my hunting rig to be pretty close to my 3D set up. I like to have all my bows shoot bare shaft at 20yds which takes a considerable amount of tweaking.

Comment

I like my hunting rig as accurate as my 3d bow. And are you talking about mike smith aka arrowsmith? That guy don't know anything. Lol. He is good people.

Comment

I spent what felt like forever setting up my hunting bow. 'Close' to the spot wasn't good enough, even when 'close' was consistent. I wasn't happy until
          I felt confident it could match my 3D bow. We don't want to talk about how long that took to achieve, or how many arrows were harmed in the process.

Comment

I got lucky this year - my first real bowhunting season. I spent 2 hours, total, in the shop, and it's ready. The first time I put it through paper it was shooting bullet holes.

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
              I spent what felt like forever setting up my hunting bow. 'Close' to the spot wasn't good enough, even when 'close' was consistent. I wasn't happy until
              I felt confident it could match my 3D bow. We don't want to talk about how long that took to achieve, or how many arrows were harmed in the process.

That's me. I want my hunting bow to be ready to go. To the point I could pick up either bow and shoot well at the range.

Comment

Yep, I'm talking about Arrowsmith. We both had some issues with our Hoyt Carbon Spyder. Come to find out the bow needs a little cam lean before you draw the bow. I usually just walk back tune the bow then shoot through paper. This bow I needed to fine tune because broadhead's were not flying like I wanted. After yoke tuning the bow, I went back and was able to shoot bare shaft and have the same results as fletched shafts. I spent a little time with my target bows and did the same thing. Made the bows very forgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by conucu View Post
                  Yep, I'm talking about Arrowsmith. We both had some issues with our Hoyt Carbon Spyder. Come to find out the bow needs a little cam lean before you draw the bow. I usually just walk back tune the bow then shoot through paper. This bow I needed to fine tune because broadhead's were not flying like I wanted. After yoke tuning the bow, I went back and was able to shoot bare shaft and have the same results as fletched shafts. I spent a little time with my target bows and did the same thing. Made the bows very forgiving.

Yep. There are all kinds of tuning tricks. And we know Mike and Tracy very well. Great folks. Can't wait for the season to start back up.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                    I like my hunting rig as accurate as my 3d bow. And are you talking about mike smith aka arrowsmith? That guy don't know anything. Lol. He is good people.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post

What I say!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                        I would like to know how much time do you spend setting up your bow for the season. From start to finish. Can you be happy with it in an hour? Or do you spend all day tweaking it?
                        I just pull it out of the case, wax the string hit it w/ some silicone, check n make sure everything is tight and start shooting, never had an issue. So maybe 15 min. Im a believer in if its not broke don't need to fix it. Has worked for me for many seasons.

Comment

Working...
                        X