Mercury Force outboards??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mercury Force outboards??

Opinions please? Looking at a 17ft Monarch aluminum boat with a 1999 40jp mercury force motor. Force used to be made by Chrysler before Brunswick marine bought them out. I think 1999 was their last year of production.

I had a 99 model 90 hp and had no problems ran it for two year .

Comment

That motor is horrible... just my 02

Comment

I agree with Mexico! But there is always at least one are two of every motor that turns out good are bad! Just get it checked out by a good mechanic before you pull the trigger!

Comment

Just look around and see how many of them you see that are still running, then make your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post

I agree. Had a 16' Sea Ark that had a 50hp Force on it. It sucked, that is all.

replaced it with a Yamaha motor and never looked back

The main issue with them (IMHO) is the water jacket tubing is to small and does not allow enough water through to properly cool the engine

Comment

They work better as anchors.

Comment

Parts will likely be hard to find also.

Comment

May the force be with you!!!!!! Was stuck 27 miles off shore years ago, back before all the fancy stuff for navigation. Coast Guard had to come find us.

Comment

I had a 120 on a bass boat once. Ran the heck out of it and never had a problem. That motor was temperamental though. Now days I personally wouldn't buy anything without fuel injection. Lawn eq. being the exception.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      This^^^

Comment

Look somewhere else. Get what you pay for. Those motors are junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s still a Chrysler. Mercury only changed some of the electronics and the lower unit. Biggest pile of chit ever built.

Comment

Junk.

You know what they say....once you go black you can't get back

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Eastonoutdoors View Post
                              May the force be with you!!!!!! Was stuck 27 miles off shore years ago, back before all the fancy stuff for navigation. Coast Guard had to come find us.
                              My god you went offshore with a force you must like living dangerously

Comment

Working...
                              X