Hog Calling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog Calling

I'm getting a lot of interest in the hog calling here. this video explains how I got started calling hogs and why. in the middle I show lots of called hogs. These are 100% wild,100% free range 100% of the time. Still lots of myths out there about hogs and lots of non believers. It works just like calling any other animal and will put hogs in front of you that would otherwise be off limits to any other legal method.

Also for the record my sounds are not available in any form other than as an app for use with bluetooth. I offered them to other companies and was all but laughed at and told the hog market was no big enough.........seriously!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LidM1F_OTmk

here are a couple more links and videos
    This video shows how to call in pressured hogs, with an explanation of the sounds used and sequences.

Comment

I just downloaded the app a week ago. Will be using it very soon along wi h calling some yotes. Thanks for the calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glen's hog caller works ok I guess .

Comment

infinite design shapes you coulda went with..... and THAT's the one you picked....

Comment

I know you have put lots of times into this Glenn. Glad it's working out for ya.

Be careful videoing Byron. That's a whole lot of ugly in one video. Lol

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              infinite design shapes you coulda went with..... and THAT's the one you picked....
              lmao!!!!!!!! Makes em squeal like a pig

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                lmao!!!!!!!! Makes em squeal like a pig
                Does the thing play Dueling Banjos?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  I could be wrong but I don't think that is Glenn's caller and I don't think he even sells a caller. Hopefully he will chime in about this.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post

Bet that makes them go hog wild

Comment

Serious response to your OP.....I've watched several of your videos, by the way...you should have filmed the "Hog" response in Sturgis....lol, been there many times and you would have all the hogs you can handle...

Wife got me an electronic system for Christmas..won't mention the brand as I don't want to read the "experts" opinions? In any event, not one pre-loaded hog call, but...there are several I can download from their site and I'm going to try them. Hogs and predator hunting are my focus during the Deer Off Season this year..retired and got all the time to educate myself again on a new sport and we are covered up with opportunity!!

My question: From experience I know Feral Hogs adapt quickly and are smart. I'm planning to only gun hunt with a couple of different AR platforms in different calibers. So, I will be able to sling some lead and I assume those that survive will adapt to the calls & shots? My thought is to not form a pattern and hunt the same area, rather mix it up with different calls all around our ranch giving time between hunts to keep the pressure to a minimum? I'll be hunting both daylight and nighttime.

I, for one, would really like you to update this OP...following! Like anything, there are some who know it all so keep up what you are doing and maybe, just maybe...if you can teach THIS ole' dog new tricks, maybe the "pups" will learn something too?

Comment

http://youtu.be/WEMhLFzQziE

Couple of friends of mine used your call in Grayson County and had a good response from a distance, it changed me to a believer when I saw the video.

http://youtu.be/uNGCo-isAoU
                        Last edited by mikeb1206; 01-15-2018, 07:25 PM. Reason: added video

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post

wow.......................cool design. I think that patent has been taken though for another mechanism.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                            I could be wrong but I don't think that is Glenn's caller and I don't think he even sells a caller. Hopefully he will chime in about this.
                            you are correct I just create the sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                              Serious response to your OP.....I've watched several of your videos, by the way...you should have filmed the "Hog" response in Sturgis....lol, been there many times and you would have all the hogs you can handle...

Wife got me an electronic system for Christmas..won't mention the brand as I don't want to read the "experts" opinions? In any event, not one pre-loaded hog call, but...there are several I can download from their site and I'm going to try them. Hogs and predator hunting are my focus during the Deer Off Season this year..retired and got all the time to educate myself again on a new sport and we are covered up with opportunity!!

My question: From experience I know Feral Hogs adapt quickly and are smart. I'm planning to only gun hunt with a couple of different AR platforms in different calibers. So, I will be able to sling some lead and I assume those that survive will adapt to the calls & shots? My thought is to not form a pattern and hunt the same area, rather mix it up with different calls all around our ranch giving time between hunts to keep the pressure to a minimum? I'll be hunting both daylight and nighttime.

I, for one, would really like you to update this OP...following! Like anything, there are some who know it all so keep up what you are doing and maybe, just maybe...if you can teach THIS ole' dog new tricks, maybe the "pups" will learn something too?
                              Don't dive the hogs more credit than they deserve, yes they are smart and yes they adapt. The lead hog is usually a sow and usually the one I kill, once she's gone a new hog takes her place quickly. If she responds they all will. We have been calling some of the same ranches for 10+ years and still calling them in. We are able to alternate ranches though. We also hunt and call hard on ranches throughout the summer that we are not able to access during deer season. We hunt those ranches very hard time and time again during that time. As for technique, by all means try different methods and sounds. Hopefully very soon there will be more sounds to try. I've been testing them and they are ready to go as soon as the apps are created.

Comment

Working...
                              X