Hunting Pressured Hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Pressured Hogs

Any tips on hunting hogs that have gotten wise to you?
    This guy has been giving me the slip for the last 8 weeks or so. He does a BIG 360 and checks wind.. when he picks up your scent he sits just out of range/ behind cover and grunts till ya leave. Baffling me.....

30-06

Skinny

Comment

Set up downwind of his typical circle.

Comment

Set up downwind of his downwind set up spot

Comment

Set up outside his circle and get off the bait. If they know their hunted it's almost impossible to kill them

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
            30-06

Skinny
            LOL..sorry Skinny its a Bow only area.

Comment

Originally posted by nyuk x 3 View Post
              LOL..sorry Skinny its a Bow only area.

Haha. I gotcha. I got a couple boars that I have failed to kill with my bow this year. They are always looking for me.

I have set up a couple spots where I am 100% downwind of my feeder and thrown hand corn. There is a lake behind me so they cannot circle. Unfortunately the boars I am after haven't come to the hand corn yet.

Skinny

Comment

Set up a high tree stand where he circles and clear all vegetation on the path to it so you don't brush against anything. Rubber boots, lighted sight pins on a moonlit night, and SOW IN HEAT URINE. Most important....DON'T GET ANY OF THAT URINE ON YOU!!

Comment

Best luck I had all spring with a big un was to walk up on him while feeding which I did once and he busted me so fast.

I also saw him once one night for about 2.5 seconds or the time it takes to walk bush to bush.

He is also the only pig I've ever gotten a picture of in the morning. I have seen them in the morning but no pictures.

I also never got this pig. The last picture of him he is with another pig of the same size.

Comment

I'm thinking I need to get another feller or two and set up in a wider circle...teamwork

Comment

Im thinking vanilla corn is the answer to hunting any high pressured animal. Well that and sneaking into and out of you blind.

Comment

I've been baiting with a sour corn koolaid mix.Like I said. once he picks up your trail he follows it and camps on you. I'll try getting higher in my climber as well.

Comment

Sounds like you got him trained, to wait till you leave for him to go eat.

Your gonna have to go feed a few times and not hunt. Just go feed then get out of there. Then be prepared to sleep in the tree when you do hunt.

Comment

Working...
                          X