Goodbye Sam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye Sam

We just had to put Sam, our beloved yellow lab, down. We got him from the pound when he was full grown but young probably a year to a year and a half old. We had him for 13 years and you could not ask for a more loyal, loving, hard working, laid back, friendly companion. No matter where I was or what I was doing, he wanted to be with me. He loved kids and other animals and would play with them for hours. But time was starting to take it's toll. He had been struggling with any kind of steps for the past year but if you didn't rush him, he made it OK. Still, we knew it was only a matter of time. This morning, it appears he had a stroke and was scared and confused. We knew the day had arrived. We buried him in the back yard next to his best buddy, Abby, who preceded him by a few years.

Goodbye Sammy - thank you for the wonderful loving years you gave us. We will love you forever!
    Attached Files

It must be hard but You made him a happy boy and he lived a long life.👍

Comment

Rest easy, ol' boy.

Comment

It sucks, but it is gonna happen sooner or later. I feel for you brother, I got a JRT laying on my couch right now that's eight and he's my constant companion. Can't hardly think about it. You just have to think about the good times.

Comment

I lost my buddy a couple of weeks back.

I feel your pain.

Comment

Prayers up for the Family.

Comment

I too had a big, lovable yellow lab named Sam Dog. What a crazy goofy lughead of a dog. RIP Sam Dog and RIP to your Sam. Maybe they will meet up together in dog heaven and chew some stuff up.

Comment

RIP Sam

Comment

RIP Sam.

Comment

Sorry for your loss, lost mine about 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Where he's at, Sam is definitely gonna turn up the charm with that great smile of his!!
                      Rest easy Sam

Comment

Sorry for your loss, bro. I have a 12 year old Aussie. Hard to think about that day.

Comment

Sorry for the loss. Sounds like y'all gave him a heckuva life.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Prayers up for you and your family. I dread the day...

Comment

Sam

So Sorry for your loss. I am glad you rescued him so he could have the life he did.

Comment

Working...
                              X