Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Tags out West???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tags out West???

Ok, I know it is early but it is never too early to start thinking about the Western tag lottery. Where is everyone applying?

Myself.

Arizona- Getting my first elk app in

New Mexico- Going back to the Gila well, see if I can go 3 out of 5 years

Montana- First app for elk

Utah- still doing research on spots

Sheep All Over- starting research

Colorado- have a great spot in a Wilderness area we hunted last year, in elk every day, but will go 3rd week this year if I don't draw.

Anybody else?

for me it will be moose, goat and pronghorn in MT no elk left in part of the state i hunt. Ibex, Sheep and Couse in NM. AZ i put in for Pronghorn, Couse and Sheep. Iowa for a Whitetail tag . I also put in for sheep in WY, WA, ID and NV and Ill probably buy an unlimited tag for sheep in MT this year

oh.... and maine for moose

Comment

Ibex

Originally posted by fishdog View Post
      for me it will be moose, goat and pronghorn in MT no elk left in part of the state i hunt. Ibex, Sheep and Couse in NM. AZ i put in for Pronghorn, Couse and Sheep. Iowa for a Whitetail tag . I also put in for sheep in WY, WA, ID and NV and Ill probably buy an unlimited tag for sheep in MT this year

oh.... and maine for moose
      Dang! That is what I'm talking about!!!

Haven't ever tried the Ibex hunt in NM. Is that a bow, rifle, or either/or hunt?

Comment

I'm sure ready to graduate college so I can do the same. I'm thinking about putting in for New Mexico elk and muleys anyways.

Comment

There are 3 different ibex hunts, rifle, muzzleloader, and bow. The rifle & muzzleloader tags are a long shot in terms of odds, and the bow odds are much better, but the odds of getting one with a bow are pretty slim.

For me, I'm in all species in CO, this will be my first year eligible for moose & sheep. . . not holding my breath though. Will probably pull a bear tag, but just points for the rest unless I decide to burn some elk points for a different area this year - otherwise OTC for me.

ID - Moose
          WY - Pronghorn, Elk, and Moose - may just buy another PP for elk & moose though
          NM - Going to go after an elk tag somewhere around Gila, and if I have $ left at the end of the day, putting in for ibex.

Comment

Ibex and Oryx in NM.

Comment

No worries

Originally posted by ovalohunter View Post
              I'm sure ready to graduate college so I can do the same. I'm thinking about putting in for New Mexico elk and muleys anyways.
              You don't have to worry about it if you can get away from school for a week in Colorado, those OTC tags aren't as bad as some think. Especially if you get away from the 4 wheelers and trucks. Most folks don't like humping it. Bunch of wilderness areas out there....that said, I love me some Unit 15 in NM.

Comment

wowzers, you folks are in for some MAJOR debit/credit card hits this next year! One day, One day!

Comment

Arizona for just about everything. No reason not to since you have to buy the license anyway and the app fee after that is relatively minimal. If I had to choose one thing to draw for this year (or pretty much any other) other than a sheep tag it would be an Elk tag in Arizona. I've been trying to draw one for years and I want it bad.

Nevada has pretty slim odds for a non-resident but if you are going to apply for one thing there (Mule Deer is my primary goal for Nevada) then you might as well apply for everything since it is like Arizona. This is only my second year to try for anything in Nevada.

New Mexico I will be putting in for Elk, Oryx and Ibex.

Colorado I will be putting in for Moose. First year to try to draw this one. I hear that they have been pulling some great bulls out of certain units in Colorado. Might as well give it a go.

I'm probably going to be using a tag firm to put in for all of the sheep draws that you have to front the tag fee on.

Comment

Maine and New Hampshire for moose.Idaho for everything they have a draw for.

DJ

Comment

Got my son due in April so I am going to sit this year out on all the western hunts will probably put in for KS tag to hunt with a buddy up there but outside of that it's all Texas for me next year.

Comment

OR Elk
                        ID Elk
                        KY Elk

Comment

Private land mule deer Colorado.

Comment

Utah Elk and Muleys! Bow and gun.
                            TWP I have a line some good land out there. When I get ready to put in and in touch with my buddy I'll keep you posted. Got a text of a monster the other day probably 32' wide. A bunch of 150-160 deer on the property also. I am aloowed to bring a guy or two with me.

Comment

I am heading to AZ in January for Mule Deer and or Cous Deer with an OTC tag.

I will be putting in for Elk and big horn in AZ as well. Thinking pronghorn in NM, AZ, and Montana.

But I will also be hunting whitetail in Ohio on private land.......

Comment

Working...
                              X