No announcement yet.

$3k Savage 308

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I 'm not sure if your asking this question because you want to buy one or just because your curious about them but If your just looking for something to hunt with then Forget those high dollar weapons and go buy a nice quality Remington, Winchester, Ruger, or Marlin in the caliber of your choice. Put some high quality optics on it and your gonna shoot just as good and just as far as you will with any 3000 dollar weapon out there at about 1/3 of the price. Either a guy can shoot or he can't and buying an expensive weapon like that isn't gonna make a guy shoot any better than he will with a good quality weapon like those I mentioned above.

Now with all that said if your just looking to spend a lot of money on a high dollar weapon then a Savage is not what you want to spend it on. Yes , ther're good quality and yes they've been around for years. But the have a bad reputation and have had for a long time. It's gonna take a few more years for them to prove they're worthy of a good reputation before they get one. Until then while some of them are really expensive they are not gonna hold their value and so will not be a good investment in terms of holding their value for resale.

Comment

Really not looking to buy it. A guy has offered it as a partial trade on my boat and I am a trying to do a little research

Sorry I was writing my novel when you posted this, how much is the guy wanting for the Savage not 3k i hope for a used one

Comment

Originally posted by theboydoutdoors View Post
        Sorry I was writing my novel when you posted this, how much is the guy wanting for the Savage not 3k i hope for a used one
        He hasnt said, again just trying to do some research on the front side. He said it has approx. 20 rounds but doesnt know the model number... when he gets home from work he is supposed to be sending more information and pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Thumper View Post
          Whatever I want, with the proper loads and bullet selection I can take anything. It all depends on how you load the round as to how much damage it does or does not do. Ive shot a ton of coyotes with full hard core loads and it doesnt tear them up to bad, now the pigs with the BMG, a totally different story
          I just don't get the magnum craze. I have a 300 Win Mag, but quit using it on Texas Whitetails because it was tearing up too much meat. Shoot them in the shoulder and the blood shock ruined meat back to the ribs and up to the backstraps. Not to mention blowing bone fragments all through the meat in the process. If I ever get to go elk hunting then I'll blow the dust off the 300 WM and have at it.

When I do hunt with a rifle, a 22-250 drops them where they stand and my "big gun" now is a .260 Remington.

Whatever floats your boat.

Comment

Originally posted by theboydoutdoors View Post
            I 'm not sure if your asking this question because you want to buy one or just because your curious about them but If your just looking for something to hunt with then Forget those high dollar weapons and go buy a nice quality Remington, Winchester, Ruger, or Marlin in the caliber of your choice. Put some high quality optics on it and your gonna shoot just as good and just as far as you will with any 3000 dollar weapon out there at about 1/3 of the price. Either a guy can shoot or he can't and buying an expensive weapon like that isn't gonna make a guy shoot any better than he will with a good quality weapon like those I mentioned above.

Now with all that said if your just looking to spend a lot of money on a high dollar weapon then a Savage is not what you want to spend it on. Yes , ther're good quality and yes they've been around for years. But the have a bad reputation and have had for a long time. It's gonna take a few more years for them to prove they're worthy of a good reputation before they get one. Until then while some of them are really expensive they are not gonna hold their value and so will not be a good investment in terms of holding their value for resale.
            I have to beg to differ on this one, for all practical hunting purposes yes you are correct but until you have shot a rifle that has had the action trued, a precision barrel with a target crown installed on a full length bedded stock with a very light, crisp and clean trigger you won't know the difference. I can shoot very well and before I had work done to my current rifle it shot well at just over 1moa but once the work was complete it is shooting well under 1/2 moa. Not all rifles are created equal.

Comment

guys, here is the model number: Model 10 BAt/S-k

loading the pics now...

any body got a value? or more info?

Comment

[ATTACH]207301[/ATTACH]

Comment

Don't know anything about the gun. But I know they put about a $50 scope on a suppossedly $3000 gun!?!!?

Comment

Bahahahahaaaaaa. ^^^^^^^

Comment

x2 on the scope sucking, id say value is around $1400 depending on round count and overall condition. really the scope is worthless and you could buy the gun brand new from able ammo for 1600 there going for cheaper on gunbroker. hope that helps also the bipod looks like its an airsoft nock off of an atlas so i would give it zero value as well
                      Last edited by fishdog; 12-14-2010, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosky1143 View Post
                        [ATTACH]207301[/ATTACH]
                        hahaha this pic just made my day. That gun is sweet btw but i could never see myself hunting with it unless I just found an awesome vantage point

Comment

If it helps, I bought that same model new last spring for $1,500.

Comment

An NC star scope on that rifle? Seriously? Sweet gun but used value maybe around 1200?

Comment

Ive got a Model 10FP Law Enforcement model in .308 with a Monarch 2.5-10X42 on it I guarantee it shoots juss as good as dat one he wantin' to trade with...200yd with 3" groups, love dat gun, but I only payed 550$ for the gun alone at the Wally Mart....

Comment

Thanks guys, before I got the pics, he had stated that the scope was VERY powerful and crystal clear so it kind of tipped me off from the beginning. And as yall stated I have given both the scope and bipod zero values. If the trade goes thru, is anybody interested in the gun. I have no practical use for it and would rather have the cash or something I could use in the real world.

Comment

Working...
                                X