No announcement yet.

Backing a boat at the launch funny!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets not forget the Ford Ranger type truck trying to pull out a 24' pontoon boat... You'll have 5 guys jumping on the bed of the truck while ole girl is burning rubber trying to get it out of there!

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post

Which one of you is in the speedo at the 3:47 mark?

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        I get in the boat and Jennie backs us down the ramp. One of the first things I taught her when we were dating.....ONE of the first things.
        We are just the opposite. Syl said, "You do the trailer backing and I'll drive the boat." One of the first things I learned was...........do what makes her happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
          This stuff only happens on weekends, weekdays are for the real warriors!
          Not everyone is as lucky as you Shane and get to go during the week

Comment

I have been on a few ramps that are steep and narrow, with a big drop off in the water. They was one in Cost, Texas that was very steep and narrow. Dangerous if you had a boat over 18ft. I got down in there one time and liked to have never got out. Its all gone now, the dam busted on H5 or Lake Wood and its all dried up. Another is on Meadow Lake in Seguin, its got a big dropoff on one side. Trailer sits at a big slant.

I used to get aggravated at the ramps in Calaveras and Braunig. Goobers would block the ramp getting ready instead of doing it at the pull off. Then of course the 1977 Chrysler outboard would not start and thay would not have enough sense to get of the way.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

A friends wife decided to take some of her friends on his boat. After many tries and laughter from a small group of men, she stomped over and told one of them to "back that Son of a b**** in"! One said yes ma'am and launched the vessel.

Comment

We were at Choke Canyon early one morning, wasting a little time before we launched to hit the lake. We were putting around fishing a little when two guys launched their boat. We watched the boat slide off the trailer and slowly ease out into the river channel with nobody in it, while the guy standing on the dock watched it. The driver parked the truck and came back asking his buddy what the hell was going on, why he didn't have the rope. I made two or three casts with a crankbait until I was able to wrap the line around a seat post and slowly reel their boat in. Driver was very appreciative that he didn't have to wade or swim in to get his boat.

Comment

It’s amazing the amount morons that have no etiquette at the launch ....

Comment

Hahaha!

Comment

scares the crap out of me when my wife backs down the ramp. I just know that im going to end up on one of those you tube videos.

Comment

My aunt bought a boat because she wanted one. She and my uncle were too intimidated to try putting it in the water, so it sat in their barn for nearly 8 months. I finally visited and we took it to the reservoir. My uncle jackknifed the trailer in the two lane ramp. I offered to help but he said he needed to learn to do it. He finally gets it in the water, and I had to race to get the truck because we’d forgotten the plug. Haul it out, drain it, put the plug in, this time I back it down. He rode around for a couple hours then my uncle repeated the ordeal of trying back down the trailer. Got the boat on it and towed it back to their house. They sold it immediately after that. Lol, they liked being on the water but didn’t want to deal with everything else.

Comment

Working...
                          X