• Show
Clear All

Should have played a game of baseball

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      Should have played a game of baseball
      In the cold or practiced Kegels

Comment

Hunting by computer, while sitting at your office desk, has already been tried.. Robotic gun and all.. LOL.TPWD wasn't having any of that though, thankfully.. That was a few years back..
        The company who started this was out of Brady if my memory serves me right..
        Last edited by PondPopper; 02-11-2018, 07:53 PM.

Comment

My kid fished to day he said he wore them out.

Comment

To windy to cold and Kayak to heavy and I'm to old to play basketball. I thinl I'll go stay at a Holiday Inn tonight things will be better tomorrow.

Comment

Didn't watch the shows but I will say walking and glassing mountains and having to shoot something up to 500 yards is more of a challenging hunt than shooting a deer out of a box blind sitting over a feeder. If they can make the shot, I'm not judging. At what distance does it go from hunting to target shooting?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                Didn't watch the shows but I will say walking and glassing mountains and having to shoot something up to 500 yards is more of a challenging hunt than shooting a deer out of a box blind sitting over a feeder. If they can make the shot, I'm not judging. At what distance does it go from hunting to target shooting?
                When the caliber your shooting is not lethal at longer ranges. Very easy to find out how far your rifle is lethal by studying its ballistics.

Comment

X2 I'm really interested in this long range hunting. I know it's not for everyone, everyone can't shoot good enough for long range. I feel I can shoot pretty good, can consistently hold 1/2" groups at 100. Practice is everything. And rifle. I'm going with 28 Nosler that even at 1000 yards has almost 1300 foot pounds of energy and over 1800 ft/sec. not saying I would try to take an animal at 1000 yards but if I can hold a good group at 1000 I would definitely be comfortable with a 700 yard shot. Like said above it's just more of a challenge then sitting in a box watching a corn feeder and shooting a deer at 100 yards. Not knocking that though I love it also! I'm up for just about any kinda hunting as long as it's legal.

Comment

anything longer than iron sighted pistol distance...
                    but i am a dying bread....
                    i am a hunter.....

unless it is prairie dogs, then it is just target practice with some eradication side effects...... sure at one point in my life i wanted to see how far i could kill a deer,,, now it's how close can i get,,, twice i have been close enough to touch a wild deer by hand,,,, yep, i am a hunter and i like it that way

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                      X2 I'm really interested in this long range hunting. I know it's not for everyone, everyone can't shoot good enough for long range. I feel I can shoot pretty good, can consistently hold 1/2" groups at 100. Practice is everything. And rifle. I'm going with 28 Nosler that even at 1000 yards has almost 1300 foot pounds of energy and over 1800 ft/sec. not saying I would try to take an animal at 1000 yards but if I can hold a good group at 1000 I would definitely be comfortable with a 700 yard shot. Like said above it's just more of a challenge then sitting in a box watching a corn feeder and shooting a deer at 100 yards. Not knocking that though I love it also! I'm up for just about any kinda hunting as long as it's legal.
                      A man much smarter than me said you need at least 750 ft pounds of energy to be lethal. If you have time to look at hunting bullet performance, you will soon see that most rifle bullets are designed to work at 1600 fps or faster.

That information will tell you how far you can shoot something and be legit.

I will also agree with Saddle Tramp,I would rather stand on my back legs and hunt my target within a reasonable distance. Under 300 yards is my goal but I have had success at longer ranges. I was probably lucky and should have bought a lottery ticket that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                        A man much smarter than me said you need at least 750 ft pounds of energy to be lethal. If you have time to look at hunting bullet performance, you will soon see that most rifle bullets are designed to work at 1600 fps or faster.

That information will tell you how far you can shoot something and be legit.

I will also agree with Saddle Tramp,I would rather stand on my back legs and hunt my target within a reasonable distance. Under 300 yards is my goal but I have had success at longer ranges. I was probably lucky and should have bought a lottery ticket that day.
                        You are correct sir, and I feel like 750 is a little light. I like to be up around 1000ft pounds at a minimum. Thus the reason for the 28 Nosler. And it's mind boggling 1280 ft pounds and 1809 feet per second at 1000 yards.

Comment

Unfortunately, it is difficult to raise large fish in aquariums, and even if you catch them in the wild, they will usually lose some weight.

Comment

Bingo

Comment

I’m sure I’ll get flamed for this but if you are proficient at shooting at 1k why can’t you shoot an animal at 950 yards. I personally can’t do it but I also don’t see how some people are shooting 60+ yards with a bow.

Comment

Can't relate! I went fishing today and had fresh fish for supper!

Comment

Working...
                                X