Ruger no 1 in 257 weatherby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger no 1 in 257 weatherby

Just curious if someone could help me put a value on this rifle. Ruger no 1 in 257 weatherby with heavy barrel, custom picatinny rail has been made for scope mount and trigger job has been done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pictures will help a lot.

Comment

Scope not included in value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Picture helps a little. My evaluation (I owned numerous red pads over the years) would be in the $750-800 range. Someone may really like it and it would go up from there. Good caliber and may be some more interest/value due to caliber popularity and possible scarcity.

Comment

I just didn't know if changing barrel and taking dove tail mount off would hurt the value or help it

Comment

Originally posted by weminuche View Post
            I just didn't know if changing barrel and taking dove tail mount off would hurt the value or help it
            It is unique and modifications will take a lot of buyers out of the game but may be of some value to shooters/hunters. Purists wouldn't give $400 for it whereas someone who likes the work and caliber may give more than market for an unmolested one.
            Last edited by RR 314; 12-21-2017, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Speaking as a non-purist/non-collector who buys guns, it's a cool rifle just how it is. 257WBY is a desirable cartridge and exactly the kind you'd get in a Ruger #1. If a rifle doesn't come with picatinny I put one on immediately.

Comment

Unless you know the specifics on the aftermarket barrel it'll hurt the value a lot. Nobody knows the quality of the work. Round count, as it's a barrel burner. And if there is any safety or accuracy issues. That's a high pressure round on that receiver. And in my opinion I'd take that mount off that is not designed for that rifle at all and that will help the "looks" buyers. Also info on the trigger job would help. Value could be all over. $500-850.

Comment

Ugly *** picatinny mounts, synthetic stocks, and dumb **** like that "sun shade" are ruining American firearms....

My lawn...get off it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Ugly *** picatinny mounts, synthetic stocks, and dumb **** like that "sun shade" are ruining American firearms....

My lawn...get off it.
                    Moser for president!! Haha

Comment

Is the stock painted or is that synthetic stuff? I cant tell. Probably the action is worth something for a custom build, if a fella wanted to go that route. I would say the value is whatever you can get out of it.

Brand new Ruger No. 1 in 270 with wood stocks online is 949.00 with free shipping. So there is a reference for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X