Gun safe deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun safe deal?

Been a while since I’ve bought a gun safe, and I am out of the loop. I know they don’t make things like they used to, but what are your thoughts on this one? Seems worth it for the $ ??

Cannon Force for $599, first saw it on gun.deals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the best one I have seen so far. Tractor supply has a 64 gun for $699 and a 40 gun for $549.

Comment

Looked at it yesterday. Difference between the 64 force and the 64 shield was the fire rating. 30 min or 45 min. Looks to be a low end Cannon safe but for the price don't think you can beat it.
      And it's better than nothing.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. That’s kind of what I was expecting. This will be an overflow safe so I don’t have to use stack-on cabinets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

From what I can tell the Tractor Supply safe and the academy safe are the same safes just branded differently for the two stores. If you read some of the reviews at TS they say once the safe arrives it only shows a 30 minute fire rating which matches the Academy safe.

Deal seems to good to pass up but is the low quality going to bite me in the ***** for not spending a little more?

Comment

low low quality ok for storage but dont buy for fire ratings

Comment

Hard to beat Cannons Customer service.

Comment

Go look around youtube about safes. Tons of info. Sentry safes are trash. All safes are able to be attacked. The BEST way is to bury safe in concrete wall or floor and only leave door exposed. Eliminates ways of attack. Floors are weakest point of attack, but with todays modern cordless tools. A die grinder and 10 mins you can cut the side of the safe open. Doors are much more harder to access due to thickness. Make sure the safe you buy has a relocking device, so if dial is messed with, the safe re locks itself and cannot be opened unless destroyed. Who cares, as long as it protected your goods. I like S&G Dial locks. Electronic ones can be defeated easily. The dials, a little more time and never fail.
                Look, if James Bond comes to your house he's getting in. Most of us are just looking to stop the kid on your road who went bad and might kick your door in when your not home. For pro's. They'll just wait to you get home and make you open it.

Good Luck. But educate yourself on this issue.
                For the record, I have a Browning and a Cannon.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                  Go look around youtube about safes. Tons of info. Sentry safes are trash. All safes are able to be attacked. The BEST way is to bury safe in concrete wall or floor and only leave door exposed. Eliminates ways of attack. Floors are weakest point of attack, but with todays modern cordless tools. A die grinder and 10 mins you can cut the side of the safe open. Doors are much more harder to access due to thickness. Make sure the safe you buy has a relocking device, so if dial is messed with, the safe re locks itself and cannot be opened unless destroyed. Who cares, as long as it protected your goods. I like S&G Dial locks. Electronic ones can be defeated easily. The dials, a little more time and never fail.

Look, if James Bond comes to your house he's getting in. Most of us are just looking to stop the kid on your road who went bad and might kick your door in when your not home. For pro's. They'll just wait to you get home and make you open it.

Good Luck. But educate yourself on this issue.

For the record, I have a Browning and a Cannon.

I agree on everything except the dials not failing. I had 2 fail in less than 4 years. Put an AMSEC Electric on it and been going strong for 7 years with only one battery change needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have an old keyed safe. No fire rating. No super duper anything. But I've not been burglarized or had a kid take my guns either. To me a safe is great if you are protecting some high dollar stuff but all of my stuff is run of the mill hunting grade weaponry. The real sad fact is I've sold off about 60% of what I had because I don't shoot my guns or even gun hunt much anymore. I'm pathetic.

Comment

I went and looked at the $599 Cannon at Academy and the $699 and $549 at Tractor Supply.

For the Academy safe, the door fit is terrible. May just be the display model, but I wasn't impressed. The two on sale at TS, I thought the 40 gun for $549 was better made and a better deal than the 64 gun at $699.

Just my two cents.

Comment

Dicks sporting goods has a 24 gun for $399 early bird special. Nothing fancy but holds a decent amount and isn't a cabinet. It's what I could afford last year and works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                          I went and looked at the $599 Cannon at Academy and the $699 and $549 at Tractor Supply.

For the Academy safe, the door fit is terrible. May just be the display model, but I wasn't impressed. The two on sale at TS, I thought the 40 gun for $549 was better made and a better deal than the 64 gun at $699.

Just my two cents.

Dang, i just ordered the academy one. I hope the door fit was the model. Either way, this will be a secondary safe more for storage.

Thanks for all the replies, everyone.

Comment

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on the $599 at Academy. I figured it will do the job for what I need and the money and size was right.

Comment

Working...
                            X