Crossbow hunters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossbow hunters?

Who on here hunts with a crossbow? My wife and kids have had great success but I love shooting my compound. However due to some shoulder issues I'm going to put the compound down for a while and try the crossbow until my shoulder heals.

I hunt with both compound and crossbow.
    I bought my first crossbow years ago because of a shoulder injury.
    I had planned on selling it once my shoulder was better, but had so much fun with it I kept it.
    They are fun to shoot and with the right arrows extremely accurate.

Comment

I'm a big believer in hunting with what ever makes you happy.
      I shot 3 does this weekend with a muzzle loader..... enjoyed every one of them

Comment

I have a crossbow. Got it a few years back after shoulder surgery. I like it and have fun with it, less movement when shooting as you don't have to draw.

Comment

I do and love it. The extra 20-30 minutes of hunting time every day you get was the difference maker for me. I was tired of missing opportunities at big bucks when they came in during legal light but after I could see through my peep.

Comment

I use both and have had success with both. I am using compound most of the time. I am not a blind hunter. I am a strong man but still get tired of managing the weight of a compound bow.I use stick or pod with the crossbow due to the forward weight of the crossbow.I am more accurate with the compound at least to 50 yards. My crossbow is made by Excalibur so it is not the lightest or most compact design.

I have a sprained rotator cuff in my bow shoulder. I dropped the draw weight by 10 pounds.

Comment

I do and love it. The extra 20-30 minutes of hunting time every day you get was the difference maker for me. I was tired of missing opportunities at big bucks when they came in during legal light but after I could see through my peep.

Comment

I shot my first crossbow buck this morning right around 7:30am. Couldn't be more excited!!! CenterPoint Sniper 370 with 20" CarbonExpress PileDrivers and 100 grain Grim Reaper broadheads

Comment

I'm a crossbow hunter.

Comment

I do. Enjoy every minute in the woods.

Comment

Ordered one last night.

Comment

I have both a compound and crossbow. I have not hunted with the crossbow since early last archery season.

Comment

crossbows are great. i'm getting one next season.

Comment

While hunting East Texas, I loved hunting with my crossbow. Could put a tree stand in tight places and just felt good. Shorter shots. When I started hunting South Texas, the compound seemed more comfortable. At least I had more confidence in it. Crossbows are great. I need to buy a nicer one. Mine was cheap. Got it off ebay. Some guy had bought it, but could not figure out how to put it together. He had lost some screws, so sold it cheap.

Comment

I started hunting with a crossbow 4 yrs ago due to shoulder issues. After 4 shoulder surgeries i am still loving the crossbow, but someday would like to get back to a compound bow. Until then it sure is lots of fun and adds days to the season

Comment

Working...
                              X