Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very well written. Couldnt agree more.

Comment

I say fine every NFL idiot one years pay and start a veterans fund.

Comment

It sucks that the very men who died and should be revered gave these hypocrites the right to protest. It's a glorious aspect of our constitution to allow peaceful protest, and I agree with being able to, but what I don't understand is the inability to distinguish military sacrifices from LEO "injustice".

Comment

I had to keep my cool against my will today. As a HS teacher you hear tons of crap when students are conversing. Today I overheard some guys talking about the protesting, one of them said "its just a song, I don't see the big deal".... The ignorance of our youth is so strong is unreal!

Comment

Well put. Amen

Comment

Don't watch much football but what are these idiots protesting?

Comment

My grandfather marched under Patton, while my other grandfather defended a little known bridge in France, my father parachuted into enemy territory in the dark of night to take care of business and was fortunate to make it out the same night only to be sent to Vietnam to handle up. I was not bright enough to choose to serve but I'm bright enough to show the respect our flag demands anytime it's displayed and I still could care less what any athlete is doing to shame themselves. I believe "my flag" stands on it's own merits and can't be shamed by anyone walking after the fine men and women who give their all to protect it.

I think if our tv cameras would show the flag and completely ignores the poor choices these men are making, it would quickly wash over. There are certainly other things we can all focus on and if we really are upset enough, despite all politics involved, all we have to do is turn off the tv and it won't continue for long. Unfortunate displays of protest but sports has become politics for much of the US.
                Last edited by Leon County Slayer; 09-26-2017, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Great words!! Thanks for posting!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                    My grandfather marched under Patton, while my other grandfather defended a little known bridge in France, my father parachuted into enemy territory in the dark of night to take care of business and was fortunate to make it out the same night only to be sent to Vietnam to handle up. I was not bright enough to choose to serve but I'm bright enough to show the respect our flag demands anytime it's displayed and I still could care less what any athlete is doing to shame themselves. I believe "my flag" stands on it's own merits and can't be shamed by anyone walking after the fine men and women who give their all to protect it.

I think if our tv cameras would show the flag and completely ignores the poor choices these men are making, it would quickly wash over. There are certainly other things we can all focus on and if we really are upset enough, despite all politics involved, all we have to do is turn off the tv and it won't continue for long. Unfortunate displays of protest but sports has become politics for much of the US.
                    Well put and thanks for posting!

Comment

Let's bring this back to the top
                      God bless America!

Comment

Yes sir!!!

Comment

Great poem and spot on!

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Mr Anonymous sounds like a smart man.