No announcement yet.

Recommend tires for my truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeh.. made the bracket from scrap.. the bar itself is one I got from a thread on tbh... see if I can find it

Comment

I've had 4 pairs of BFG All-Terrain T/A's 305/65r18's. I've had great luck with the toughness of the tire, but the mileage I get out of them is horrible. I've been looking at the Toyo Open Country A/T II's, but would like to get a tad larger tire. I've been looking at the 325/65 size with the factory installed Low Range Off Road Lift on my Tundra...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Yeh.. made the bracket from scrap.. the bar itself is one I got from a thread on tbh... see if I can find it

Comment

durtrac by goodyear is what im running

Comment

I've been very happy with the Cooper ST Maxx on my Excursion. Not too loud and have good ride, handling and traction.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo View Post
              this is what I've got...however, any mud and I'll prolly be slippin' and slidin' all over the place and not get out...these are Michelin AT Plus...275/70 R18s...stock tires on truck when I bought her...
              Yes, this is what I already have on mine and like stated they do not have very good traction on mud or snow. Will go another route this time around.
              Thank you everyone for the input, this will give me an idea of what to shop for.
              Gary
              Snyder, TX

Comment

Originally posted by byler11 View Post
                durtrac by goodyear is what im running
                How do you like them/how well long do they last? I had them on my half ton, just curious how well a soft tread like that holds up on a 3/4 ton.

I will be the "that guy" who says stay away from BFG's unless you want to replace every 18 months. They wear like crap on mine, 275/65/20. I have had three sets now. First two were old tread pattern, latest was new tread pattern. Was hoping the new would last longer. Not looking like it. It sucks because they tires do really well in snow/mud.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  How do you like them/how well long do they last? I had them on my half ton, just curious how well a soft tread like that holds up on a 3/4 ton.

I will be the "that guy" who says stay away from BFG's unless you want to replace every 18 months. They wear like crap on mine, 275/65/20. I have had three sets now. First two were old tread pattern, latest was new tread pattern. Was hoping the new would last longer. Not looking like it. It sucks because they tires do really well in snow/mud.
                  had them on F250... got about 35K on them before they started to wear like crap and get choppy.. (*disclaimer ..it may have been contribute some what in part to worn shocks..maybe ..)

I bought them because of the sidewall being tough enough for S.Tx (yeh not so much either..but did ok..)

Ditched them for the Cooper STT's..

Comment

I have a set of BFG all-terrains on my Taco, 73,000 miles and still have a few thousand left. Great tire!

Comment

Buddy of mine that works at a discount tire says he sees the best life out of BF Goodrich specifically the rugged trail. I always had good luck with the BF Goodrich Rugged Trail. I know they are made in 275/65R or 70R for 18" rim not sure what size you want. If not the rugged trail then the BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A are for sure made in the size you need.

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post
                        Nitto Terra Grapplers. Loved them.

LWD
                        X2. I have over 60k miles on mine and about a quarter of the tread remaining. Smooth, quiet ride with good traction.

Comment

The Toyo are good if you don't mind the weight. I remember when I was shopping for 35x12.5x17 the toyo was around 4 lbs heavier Tha k bfg ko2.

I chose the bfg ko2 for cost and weight savings. Your tire size might have less of a difference between the 2 brands.

my bfg haven't faulted from mesquite to sharp rock in Colorado on a 06 cummins. Wear is great through 20k.

That 16ish pounds with rotational force turns into 150+ lbs real quick. just food for thought.

Comment

TOYO Open Country M/T. Best tire I have owned and will be getting another set when it is time. Great in mud, not very loud on highway, and I believe they are rated at 45,000 miles. They are pricey, but they are worth it in my mind. I have load range E and they go over anything from cedar stumps to cactus.

Best tire in my opinion.

Comment

cooper discoverer at3, have them on my service truck as well as personal truck (3/4ton and one ton). Great treadwear (70-80k mi), super quiet, decent traction on and off highway, but really shine while towing compared to other all terrains and aggressive treads.

Comment

BFG Ko2... Super tough for the thorns and ride like a highway tire. Do pretty good in the mud also

Comment

Working...
                                X