Nothing all day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing all day

Anybody else hunt today and not see your normal/usual numbers of deer?
    The wife and I sat this morning with only a couple doe. One young spiky looking guy came through like something was chasing him. Sitting this evening, and nada so far. What the heck?

Lock down.
    Down and dirty.
    Horizontal lambada in the bush.

Shall I continue?
    They're busy

Comment

That and full moon

Comment

I didn't see anything last night, but just had a button buck and a yearling doe in. They only ate the hand corn.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
          That and full moon
          Bingo!

Comment

Better than what I've seen. I'm sitting on a power line and about 75 yds to my left a pipeline runs. Look to my left about 4pm and see 2 guys with orange vests cross into my land. Check it out. I don't speak Spanish.

They have a machete and a bucket of yellow paint. They are painting the pipeline markers.

They can't figure out which way to go. I point them in the right direction. About 45 minutes later I see them about 150 to my right. Way off the pipe. At that time in the pipe I see 4 others looking for them.

Comment

I am in the stand since 3:40pm and nothing. It is kind of windy. Let's hope something good would show up before it gets dark.

Comment

Havnt seen nada this evening. But I busted at least 4 out walking in this morning did still see a couple after daylight but were gone early. I think full moon culprit myself

Comment

FULL moon, windy, pressure changing....NADA!

Comment

Just had a spike walk through and grab a couple bites to eat.Should of shot him but it was obviously his first set of antlers and they were DARK CHOCOLATE colored. I want to see what he turns in to.

Comment

I'm with all of y'all on the full moon part, but also in the hill country we have A BUNCH of green forage coming up. They aren't hungry. They're just Rutting
                      Last edited by txhoghunter73; 11-25-2015, 05:33 PM.

Comment

When it's slow, I hunt the pop up with a good book. You just never know. I saw nothing for 4 days then had a great 8 come thru. Every time I hunt I think to myself, I'm one sit closer to something good happening.

Comment

The evening hunt on Saturday will be good. Be there.

Comment

Hunted this morning on public land. Had a fork horn walk in right at daylight. I couldn't even see his horns when he came in but he stood there long enough for it lighten up and I could see his forks. That's all I seen all morning.

Comment

Yep. Same here. Very low numbers. Evening was better than morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X