Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tag

Comment

Little update on my three. Found out the hard way (Shouldn’t of got in a hurry but by myself) that these are semi permanent. The blind I talked about relocating had three panels break on me while moving them.

What I learned:
      The hardie backer screws are great but use a lot of them especially on the 30° 55” vertical. I put them this time about 6” apart.

Reinforce the door panel. This stuff gets it’s strength from either being super supported or left as whole as possible. I didn’t get deer view doors as planned but after talking to a local guy that makes blind doors and windows I’ll be making those panels from here on out. It’s worth the money imo over homemade doors unless your handy.

Don’t be lazy and try to move two panels even a short distance while they’re still connected together. Take it completely apart.

The good news is I redid the door panel better and because of the price of material it wasn’t a end game just to make four more panels. I’ll be painting the fire out of every surface and spraying with termite pesticide after season. A few of the boards had them working on it and while not reeking havoc I can see an issue down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

tagged again

Comment

Working...
        X