Good Info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Info?

I'm still pretty new to bowhunting, and I don't know much at all when it comes to choosing correct arrow weight. Is the info in this video good advice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9rNQ...ature=youtu.be

ttt

Comment

I agree with most of it. Many will tell you the same information.

Heavier arrow/ quieter bow.

I don't fully agree with his light arrow assessment. An arrow at 5 grains per pound of pull will have sufficient momentum to pass through a whitetail deer. I've seen it every year since I've started bowhunting.

Ibo standards on bow speed is still the standard. It's 70# 30" DL with one brass nock and a 350 gn arrow. Anymore string weight and you will lose speed, but the ibo speed of the bow is still the same. They sell a lot of Mathews bows, and Mathews is notorious for inflating speed numbers.

I've had conversations with Santa Fe before about bows and setups. We don't generally see eye to eye though....if that means anything.

Comment

Thanks for the info. There is alot of knowledge on this site, and I just like to compare it to what I'm told at the bow shop.

Comment

Are you going to try to get a high speed setup?

If I was in your shoes, I'd stay around their recommendations. 400 grain arrows seem to be my sweet spot. I usually shoot around 60-65 lbs.

Comment

The arrow I'm testing right now is 8.9 gn per pound. I consider a 425 gn arrow light, but I killed a Lot of animals at around that 425 gn range.

Just find a arrow that is spined for your set up don't worry about the weight and go have fun.

Comment

Working...
            X