Private baseball lessons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private baseball lessons

Hey guys! I’m now doing private hitting and pitching lessons at my home in the Beaumont area. If you guys know anyone looking pass my info along. Years of experience both playing and coaching. I love kids (father of 4), and I love teaching the game. If you or someone you know has kids looking to improve, let me know !
    Age 4-7, 30 minute sessions for $30.
    Age 8+, 1 hour sessions for $50.
    I’ll happily do hour long session for the younger kids at parents’ request.
    409-782-2691

Thanks!

Justin

Have no idea what lessons are around your area. Here they are usually $85 and up an hour. Most are for kids 12 and up I'm talking about. If you are advertising for pitcher you gotta put more about your background. Also you will have to recruit a kid or two and work with them probably for free to get it known you have helped trained *** kid. Good luck and hope you are very successful. I have a guy I played with running group drills for 4 at a time and he stays very busy.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Have no idea what lessons are around your area. Here they are usually $85 and up an hour. Most are for kids 12 and up I'm talking about. If you are advertising for pitcher you gotta put more about your background. Also you will have to recruit a kid or two and work with them probably for free to get it known you have helped trained *** kid. Good luck and hope you are very successful. I have a guy I played with running group drills for 4 at a time and he stays very busy.

Yeah I’m a little cheaper than most here as well. As far as my background, a knee injury did me in prior to college, but I’ve played, coached and studied the game my whole life. I’m certainly not looking to replace my day job, so I don’t see a need for $85/hr. There are many that can’t afford that. But it’s what I love to do and I love helping, and seeing kids get better.
      Last edited by JLivi1224; 04-14-2018, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Good luck - seems like a great hobby/job. Problem with it is parents think their kid is a D1 monster prospect in the making and you can see hey will be average high school player.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          Good luck - seems like a great hobby/job. Problem with it is parents think their kid is a D1 monster prospect in the making and you can see hey will be average high school player.
          Haha. Well it’s my job to get the most out of every kid, regardless of level of natural ability.

Comment

Sure wish you were closer to Conroe.

Comment

Huge demand for private lessons in your price range and you darn sure don't have to be an ex MLB player to be a great coach. Often just hearing instruction from anyone but dad is a huge help. Lol I'm betting you stay as busy as you want to be if you can get results and boost confidence in your students. Good luck sir!

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                Huge demand for private lessons in your price range and you darn sure don't have to be an ex MLB player to be a great coach. Often just hearing instruction from anyone but dad is a huge help. Lol I'm betting you stay as busy as you want to be if you can get results and boost confidence in your students. Good luck sir!

That’s exactly right. And I appreciate the well wishes. The biggest part of it is not having the knowledge. Many people have the knowledge, regardless of level of play. What really matters is being able to relay this knowledge in a way that children can understand, retain, and repeat.
                Last edited by JLivi1224; 04-15-2018, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                  That’s exactly right. And I appreciate the well wishes. The biggest part of it is not having the knowledge. Many people have the knowledge, regardless of level of play. What really matters is being able to relay this knowledge in a way that children can understand, retainer, and repeat.

100% agree. I do lessons in the north DFW area and we seem to have the same philosophy. I only do catching and hitting instruction though.

Best of luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailtrail View Post
                    100% agree. I do lessons in the north DFW area and we seem to have the same philosophy. I only do catching and hitting instruction though.

Best of luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Yessir. Thanks! And same to you.

Comment

My FIL is a girls softball pitching coach. Runs about 70 girls (good lord!), and a few boys pitching baseball. He just built a brand new 2400 sqft facility for the heathens. He does no advertising, no website, no cards to hand out, nothing, and girls come from Lubbock, Houston, Dallas, etc.. He still works a full time job, and only charges $25 an hr.
                      If you know your stuff, it doesn't take long for the word to get out.
                      Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                        My FIL is a girls softball pitching coach. Runs about 70 girls (good lord!), and a few boys pitching baseball. He just built a brand new 2400 sqft facility for the heathens. He does no advertising, no website, no cards to hand out, nothing, and girls come from Lubbock, Houston, Dallas, etc.. He still works a full time job, and only charges $25 an hr.
                        If you know your stuff, it doesn't take long for the word to get out.
                        Good luck
                        That’s awesome! Glad to hear it’s gokng so well !

Comment

Justin, hope you get this up and running. Good “teaching” is hard to find. My son and I used three hitting coaches before we found the right one for him. I was the Parent who swore I would never use a Hitting Coach when my son was younger. At the end of his 8th grade year we found the right person. It took about four lessons to figure that out. After that, my son went weekly through the end of his Senior season. What ended up being important is that the Hitting Coach could throw all types of pitches at him during the sessions. As a Parent, I could not throw consistently to my son nor could I throw all of the pitches he needed to see. It paid off and my Wife and I have ZERO regrets spending that money on our son. I wish you well.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                            Justin, hope you get this up and running. Good “teaching” is hard to find. My son and I used three hitting coaches before we found the right one for him. I was the Parent who swore I would never use a Hitting Coach when my son was younger. At the end of his 8th grade year we found the right person. It took about four lessons to figure that out. After that, my son went weekly through the end of his Senior season. What ended up being important is that the Hitting Coach could throw all types of pitches at him during the sessions. As a Parent, I could not throw consistently to my son nor could I throw all of the pitches he needed to see. It paid off and my Wife and I have ZERO regrets spending that money on our son. I wish you well.
                            Im glad you guys found the right teacher for him! You cannot beat live BP once you get the fundamentals in place. Especially when that BP is quality pitches and the ability to mix in off speed stuff.

Comment

Working...
                            X