No announcement yet.

Welder & welding ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off, what do you expect to weld on...home, lease stuff....you don't need a $1,000. machine to tinker with...go to Northern tool and get a Hobart 140 and it will weld most anything you will need done...you might even go with the next step down on a Hobart...My buddy bought a MIG machine from Harbour Freight and it welds anything he has to weld...

Comment

buy your welding machine for what you are welding, not how easy it is to learn

Comment

Originally posted by Lethal Injection View Post
        Check out the Hobart 210 MVP, it is also made by Miller and will run off either 110 or 220 at a cheaper price, around 800$. Blain’s Farm and Fleet had them on sale not long ago.
        I have this one as well. I have not hooked the gas up yet - instead welding using flux-core wire.
        I am interested to see how much of a difference the gas makes.

I started off w/ no experience, and still am very much a novice, but this machine has suited me well so far.

Comment

Get a stick machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Get a stick machine.
            Lincoln SA200 is what I's got. One on a truck. One on a trailer. If I can't get to it with the truck, I hook the trailer up to the 4 wheeler!!! I can weld when the wind is blowing 40mph and I can weld it if it's thick or thin!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X