Snakes in the yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
    Dangit, now I've got to go get a set of 41 mag dies.

I wonder if there is a similar process for 44 special/mag? I usually carry a 44 on my hip when in the woods, better pig medicine than a 45. I have made a bunch of shotshells using the blue shot capsules, but this looks like you could get a bunch more shot in there.
    The 45 ACP Colt Government is always on my side or within fast reaching distance.

I have finished off a lot of game with 230gr round nose bullets through the skull.

Not sure how it will stack up on the pigs though.

Do a search I am sure you will get a video on shotshells made for the 44 Mag using the same type of process.

What I like about it is that I can determine the amount of powder and shot going into each cartridge ...

Comment

I wonder if there is a similar process for 44 special/mag? I usually carry a 44 on my hip when in the woods, better pig medicine than a 45. I have made a bunch of shotshells using the blue shot capsules, but this looks like you could get a bunch more shot in there.

Here is a video clip I made while testing the loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
        And people over here think rattlesnakes are bad.
        That crap cracks me up, North American venomous snakes are little puppy dogs compared to a lot of what's out there!

Comment

Some nasty boogers there!

Comment

Thanks for posting the videos Gerhard.

I dont reckon outdoor cats last very long in your neck of the woods.. My cat is my first line of defense against snakes.

Comment

Screw everything about Cobra’s

I catch snakes and have caught a few rattlers but I wouldn’t touch a dang cobra with a 15’ pole lol

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                Screw everything about Cobra’s

I catch snakes and have caught a few rattlers but I wouldn’t touch a dang cobra with a 15’ pole lol

Would you kiss one?? Lol. We took kids to a petting zoo somewhere in N. Texas can’t remember what town. Anyhow my buddy knew the owner. Well the owner guy pulls out a cobra on to a stage and did a kiss to the top of the cobras head. After he asked my crazy arse buddy if he’d like to try. And **** if that idiot didn’t go up there on stage and kiss that thing too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NotJose View Post
                  Would you kiss one?? Lol. We took kids to a petting zoo somewhere in N. Texas can’t remember what town. Anyhow my buddy knew the owner. Well the owner guy pulls out a cobra on to a stage and did a kiss to the top of the cobras head. After he asked my crazy arse buddy if he’d like to try. And **** if that idiot didn’t go up there on stage and kiss that thing too!!!

Usually the Majority of those snakes are defanged so not much danger lol
                  Still creepy as crap though.

Comment

Yikes.

Comment

There was a story several years ago in Houston where some idiot kept a spitting cobra in his home and in a cage. Evidently he was taking it somewhere in his car when it got out and lit him up. The snake escaped the car. Took authorities a week or so to find it. People were ****ting themselves thinking this thing was out there.

Comment

You can have those

Comment

Loads and instructions for most handguns. I also recommend the use of 7.5 or 8 shot.

The Place to Find Info on Making Metallic Shot Shell Cartridges For Pistols

Comment

Man I'm cool w never going to africa... lol

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                              Loads and instructions for most handguns. I also recommend the use of 7.5 or 8 shot.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...ds-For-Pistols

7,5 is what I load in the 45ACP

Comment

Originally posted by castlegaphunter View Post
                                Man I'm cool w never going to africa... lol

Hahaha,

Its not so bad I get on average one of these Rinkhals snakes in the yard a year.

I bet you guys bump into rattle snakes a lot more in Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X