April Fun Shoot @ Archery Club of Young County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April Fun Shoot @ Archery Club of Young County

It's that time again! Time for the monthly fun shoot at the Archery Club of Young County in Graham! I invite you to come enjoy the fun & fellowship of our club this Sat/Sun (9/10th)!

We will probably be have our registration/safety meeting start @ around 9:30/10am, with the shoot kicking off around 10:15/10:30am. Non-members fee: $15 & members fee: $7.50.

It's always a pleasure to see my brethren from the pages of TBH show up and have a good time. We've just bought a new round of targets from the shoot in Paris and we are looking forward to flinging some carbon at them this weekend.

A total of 30 targets will be set up......known 15 and unknown 15. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to post up and I'll answer as best I can.

The range is located outside of Graham about 4-6 miles on Hwy 67. If you came in from the Jacksboro area (hwy 380), continue west through the light at the intersection of Elm/380. This will take you past the park (which would be on your right) and carry you out on Hwy 67 (Breckenridge Hwy).

If you were to come from the Weatherford/Mineral Wells area......come on into downtown and turn left on 4th St. (the courthouse will be on the left corner). Continue through the light at 4th/Oak, and continue until you come to "Y" and stay to the left. The VFW will be on your right at this point and the Livestock Auction yard will be across the highway from the stop sign. Take a left, this is Hwy 67 (Breckenridge Hwy). Now go out 4-6 miles and watch for the banner in the right barditch at the gate.

Again, the entrance gate will be on your right about 4-6 miles out and will be clearly marked with our banner. We do have to keep the gate closed, to ensure that no cattle sneak past us and out onto the hwy. We try to get them all moved off & into the back of the property, but occassionally find a stragler or two, so when you come in......please close the gate behind you.

For those that don't shoot 3D on a regular basis, a good item or two to bring with you is at the bare minimum, a small bar of soap or some type of lubricant to aid in removing the arrows from the targets. This helps tremendously when it comes time to pull. And also, a good pair of binoculars come in handy too.

Have a great work week and I look forward to seeing everyone and having a great time!

Greg

ttt

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Hi Greg, I will be coming from Abilene and want to make sure that the range is South of town?

Thanks, Jay

Comment

Originally posted by jbarj View Post
          Hi Greg, I will be coming from Abilene and want to make sure that the range is South of town?

Thanks, Jay
          that is correct, coming from Abilene you will go through Breckenridge on hwy 180 and turn North onto hwy 67 going to Graham. The shoot will be on your left hand side of the road south of Graham 4 or 5 miles.

Comment

Thank you,

Comment

Thanks for the help Codie. Jay, I'll look forward to meeting you. Once you cross the Brazos River bridge on hwy 67 just keep your eye on the barditch to your left. It'll still be a few miles, but the club banner will be just outside of the gate.

Come prepared to have a good time.

Greg

Comment

Thanks to everybody in Graham! We all had a ball, learned alot and ya'll made us feel welcome. Looking forward to next time!

Comment

We are always glad to see new faces. After all, we're all just good ol' friends that you haven't met yet. We've had several TBH brethren show up for the shoots and we've always enjoyed seeing each one of them.

Jay, you're welcome back anytime you guys wanna show up! Maybe Miss Bucket will be at Burger's & Billiards next time......even though those burgers were pretty darned tasty! It sure put a nice finish on a good morning of 3D!

Greg

Comment

Working...
                  X