Waterfowl Bowhunting???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waterfowl Bowhunting???

Anyone done this before? Or want to try and have a good time slinging arrows at geese and ducks???

Haven't done it yet, but I sure want to try!

Comment

Not yet but wanna try

Comment

Those things hard enough to hit with a scatter gun allready much less stic and string. Look up Tim Well on Relentless Pursuit on youtube. That boy is awsome.

Comment

I wonder what public land lake you could do this at without getting in deep you know what.

Comment

i've seen it done on t.v., no way i will ever do it. i can hit a target standing still, but flying in the air? probably not.

Comment

I have a hard enough time with my Beretta. I think the best bet would be shooting redheads at the coast.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                I have a hard enough time with my Beretta. I think the best bet would be shooting redheads at the coast.
                I agree completely. These things are not so bright. You can just stand in the middle of your spread with your bow and sling arrows at them all morning. They usually come in 30-40 at a time in the later part of the season so your bound to hit something.

Comment

[QUOTE=Muddy Bud;9343655]I agree completely. These things are not so bright. You can just stand in the middle of your spread with your bow and sling arrows at them all morning. They usually come in 30-40 at a time in the later part of the season so your bound to hit something.[/QUOTE]
                  Thats what I kinda figure with a scatter gun sometimes, ask my buddy how that works

Comment

If you're over water, wouldnt you just lose all your arrows?

Comment

Originally posted by daynnightt View Post
                      I wonder what public land lake you could do this at without getting in deep you know what.
                      Shouldn't be a problem. Archery tackle is legal for migratory waterfowl.

Aluminum flu-flus will float.

I've tried it, but then there aren't many things I've not shot an arrow at over the years.

There is some classic old footage out there of Ben Pearson shooting ducks out of the air with a longbow and wood arrows. It made quite an impression on me when I was a teen.

Comment

double post

Comment

I'm down to try!

Comment

Saw some guys on one of the old "Double Bull Blinds: Another Year on The Ground" videos hunting waterfowl with a bow from a ground blind. Haven't tried it but it sure does look like fun!

Comment

I'm in w/ my recurve. I can by bottles and frisbee but a duck would still be hard. Best t do it over a small pond or tank so all the arras would be on the bank on the otherside

Comment

Working...
                              X