LBJ Grasslands 2013-2014 Hunting Seasons Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBJ Grasslands 2013-2014 Hunting Seasons Thread

Its that time again boys and girls, to peel back another calendar year and look forward to 2013...post up all your victories, stories and good times spent on LBJ 2013-2014 hunting season here

My beagles have been giving the wabbit population a hard time. Now that all the deer hunters have left we will be giving the wabbits hell.

Comment

wabbit dumplings mmmmm

Comment

Me and my boy fish out there occasionally, but I have never hunted the grasslands. I'm thinking about giving it a shot this year, you guys have any advice?

Comment

Wow! That was a fast year!

Comment

Webster 577...the best way to get info is to check back on our past LBJ grasslands hunting threads...I think this officially makes year 3 and there are a lot of knowledgable guys that chime in from time to time...welcome to the party

Comment

Originally posted by Webster 577 View Post
              Me and my boy fish out there occasionally, but I have never hunted the grasslands. I'm thinking about giving it a shot this year, you guys have any advice?
              If you don't have a map, make sure to get one online or in person. Wear orange, scout, have fun, and scout. And welcome to the party. Things can get a little interesting around here.

Comment

Thanks, I did buy a map. Just need to get out there and do some walking

Comment

I am planning on going squirrel hunting in February.

So you grassland warriors.... Were is the best place to find the little red tattle tails?

Comment

anywhere is good...stick to the units with the horse trails going through them and those will be easier to navigate...find a oak mont or standing pine area and shoot away...there are tons of them this year...been taking the 6 yr old out to knock a few out of the trees...he loves it

Comment

I had a pretty good year out there. I didn't come home with any deer but I saw more then ever out there and actually got to sling two arrows this year but I missed because the bow was out of tune. About to start hog hunting out there next month.

Comment

Is it shotgun and bow only for small game?

Comment

It was a nice season,

Comment

I hope you can use a black powder rifle for small game. I have a .36 cal. flintlock I was going to use on the tree rats.

Comment

Originally posted by PastorIke View Post
                              anywhere is good...stick to the units with the horse trails going through them and those will be easier to navigate...find a oak mont or standing pine area and shoot away...there are tons of them this year...been taking the 6 yr old out to knock a few out of the trees...he loves it
                              Thank you Sir..

You are always a help.

I will post some pics if we get anything and I can figure out how to up load them.

Comment

Working...
                              X